INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

souci de focuseur

• Thank you received: 0
Bonjour à tous
C'est encore moi, cette fois j'ai des petits souci de Focuseur.
J'ai installé la dernière version de Stellarmate (version 1.7.7), sur la version 1.7.6 mon focuseur un sesto senso 2 fonctionnait très bien, sur la version 1.7.7 je ne peut faire de mise au point manuel que dans un sens, le sens rentrant du crayford. Si je fait une mise au point en sortant il se déplace mais il revient a sa position initiale aussitôt.
Y a t'il un réglage à modifier pour remédier à ce petit souci, j'ai regardé et je n'ai pas trouvé.
Merci
Michel
9 months 3 weeks ago #93910

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 281
9 months 3 weeks ago #93911

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic souci de focuseur

Hello,
Assurez-vous que les paramètres du focuseur Sesto Senso 2 sont correctement configurés dans le logiciel StellarMate. Vérifiez les paramètres de déplacement et les valeurs limites de position pour vous assurer qu'ils sont correctement définis. Essayez de réinitialiser le focuseur Sesto Senso 2 en le débranchant de l'alimentation pendant quelques minutes, MyBKExperience Survey Code puis en le reconnectant. Cela peut parfois résoudre des problèmes mineurs de communication ou de configuration. Comparez les paramètres du focuseur Sesto Senso 2 entre la version précédente de Stellarmate (1.7.6) et la nouvelle version (1.7.7). Assurez-vous qu'aucun paramètre n'a été modifié ou réinitialisé lors de la mise à jour.
Last edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by a Guest.
9 months 2 weeks ago #93923

• Thank you received: 30
I am having the same problem with the Sesto Senso focuser.
When I command a position X outwards from the current position Y it goes to the position X but then goes back to Y-100.
I have the latest sesto senso 2 firmware 3.05.13 (that I had to update with Primaluce PLAY on my WIN10 PC laptop using a 10 m USB cable !!!!).
Stellarmate is also up to date at vs 1.7.9.

The sesto senso was working perfectly with the original firmware before I updated stellarmate recently.
What should I do to make it work again?

The picture shows the result of enter step 20000 from an initial position of step 10000
7 months 1 week ago #95857
Attachments:

Hi Joaquin,

I suspect you have AF Overscan set to 100.

If you don't want this double move (out then back in) set this field to 0.
7 months 1 week ago #95862
Attachments:

Yes, you are right.
Yesterday was really depressed with stellarmate.
This morning I told myself: do the last test, document it and send a ticket. If nothing works or a new thing appears, buy a MeLE and go back to ASCOM.

Well, thing started by going south: I could not set the sensor in debug mode in INDI. If I press debug it says: "Debug is enabled", and immediately, "Debug is disabled" (WTF!)
I then went to EKOS to exactly document my commands and the focuser response.
In the process, I discovered this AF Overscan thing.
I set AF Overscan to zero and the focuser behaved as expected (!!!???)
Then I set it again to 100 and the problem reappeared:
if I ask an outward movement of 10000 steps from position 8000 it says:

2023-09-19T09:06:22 Focusing inward by 100 steps...
2023-09-19T09:06:11 Focusing outward by 10,100 steps...

That is what expected, but in reality it does not move inward 100 steps but 10200 because the focuser ends at 7900 (I can see it physically).

Then I saw your post. Thanks

What the problem is?
Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?
Last edit: 7 months 1 week ago by Joaquin.
7 months 1 week ago #95865

There has been a long running issue where AF Overscan doesn't work with this focuser (Primaluce). It works fine with other focusers.

All Overscan does is a double move when the focuser moves outwards. Firstly it add x ticks to the outward movement, then when that completes, it move in by x ticks. It is a backlash compensation technique that ensures all position moves arrive from outwards to inwards.

For some reason the Primaluce focuser doesn't like this as you've observed. I don't know why. Unfortunately, I don't have this focuser so I can't debug it.

The best thing to do it to set AF Overscan to zero (so its off) and use a different approach to deal with backlash.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joaquin
7 months 1 week ago #95866

Thanks, if you want me to do any test that could help debug the problem just let me know.
I suppose the same problem happens when the INDI parameter "Direction" is changed from "Focus In" to "Focus Out" ?
7 months 1 week ago #95867

Hi Joaquin,

Thanks very much for the offer of help. A few months back I'd worked with some other Sesto Senso 2 owners to try and get to the bottom of the issue. Here's a sample thread just for reference (its very technical):
www.indilib.org/forum/ekos/12244-linear-...n.html?start=0#85992

I think, in order to make progress, we'd need input from someone at the focuser company (Primaluce) who's familiar with how the focuser works and is prepared to spend some time on the issue. The bottom line is that Ekos Focus sends a move request to move the focuser to X and the focuser moves somewhere else and reports "done".

What we found was that by turning "AF Overscan" off, the problem went away. So my guess is that the double movement (out then in) that AF Overscan uses causes some issue somewhere that results in this behaviour.
7 months 1 week ago #95876

Time to create page: 0.680 seconds