INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

What does KStars [DEBUG] CMD: <<151:s#> mean?

• Thank you received: 4
Readings between KStars and Stellarmate are currently not believableIndi Data Stream appears OFF
9 months 1 week ago #94118
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I don't think that's the issue. Are you really running StellarMate 1.7.5 and KStars 3.6.3 or your signature is outdated?
9 months 6 days ago #94138

Jasem, Thanks for asking.
I am running KStars3.6.6 Beta Build 22023 - 07 - 21T23:03:34Z
I'm seeing Web Manager version 1.7.7
1) I am still having the same connection issues from Ubuntu to Stellarmate.
Since I last contacted you I have bought a new Stellarmate license (No 3) and a new dedicated Ubuntu PC NUC Gen 9 with 32GB RAM
I have spent over an hour with Stellarmate and one problem causing another. In the screenshot summaries I have tried to give an overview.
Take entry 23 in the Indi control panel, and I was asked to enter a fits header for "Name Value, Comment" I entered 123 and the red light went green...24.
It looked OK but then told me to restart the driver for the change to take effect...25
This reset other settings and so it went on.
2) I am also having issues with being locked out of looking at hidden settings while trying to compile a message to the forum, I spoke to John and he has kindly replied. e.g. In Focuser the filter window no longer goes to the background, It cannot be made smaller so I can see behind it as it just pops back big again.
3) Please point me to more info about my signature is outdated
4) I'll send it all in a bug report that I am compiling
5) Numerous log entries show EKOS connections then end in resetting EKOS manager
6 Do I need EKOS Live Credentials?
Len
9 months 6 days ago #94150

Thank you Len. Can we take this a step back? What are you trying to do exactly? You're controlling StellarMate from Ubuntu which is running KStars Beta, is this correct? If yes, then what issue did you face exactly? I'm still not following your report, for example, I don't understand why you need to enter FITS header values manually, you have some special header values that you want to add in yourself?
9 months 6 days ago #94151

I'm just trying to connect KStars to a StellarMate at my mount using 20 metres of ethernet. It often takes me hours to connect and it is not an issue with cameras, focusers etc.
That said, gemini 2 has been through some changes this year, but connection has been an issue after KStars 1.5.7 / 1.5.9 and RPI 4B StellarMate
9 months 6 days ago #94152

sorry I meant KStars 3.5.7 / 3.5.9Back to the beginningYou're controlling StellarMate from Ubuntu which is running KStars Beta, is this correct? >YESIf yes, then what issue did you face exactly?..Today I can connect but cannot guide so since late afternoon I have been recording Focus vs Temperature data since mid afternoon... I was using Venus during the daytime to get greater temperature variations for Johns Focusing project data.Connections often happen at 2am and I don't know whyIs it OK if I send a summary of just 5 to 10 events next time.Ive been doing this with Kstars Indi since 2017 but the connection issues are bad. Today I replaced the ethernet cabling, but the issues happen when I am i metre from KStars to Stellarmate.
Last edit: 9 months 6 days ago by Len North.
9 months 6 days ago #94153
Attachments:

Alright, so you using Direct Ethernet between a PC at home and StellarMate outside. I presume everything is configured already, but when you start an equipment profile in your PC, it takes a long time to launch the profile on StellarMate?
9 months 5 days ago #94159

I have addressed 1 event and added a log to cover the time period.
At 01:58:35 local time I set my target to NGC 55... I never got past alignment even though I was seeing NGC 55 centered in the alignment window.
Prior to 0158 hrs I sucessfully took hours of focusing calibration frames.
I have attached a compressed log.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

9 months 5 days ago #94165
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds