INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate X OS on external ssd

• Thank you received: 2
I am wondering if anybody has tried installing stellarmate x os on an external ssd drive (USB). Then plugging it into a mini PC and setting boot order to boot from USB if a bootable USB is found.

I know some Linux distros can run from an external ssd drives like this, but not sure if stellarmate will.

If this is not possible, is it possible to install another internal drive on the mini.pc and install it there, while keeping the original disk unchanged?

I don't have a spare mini PC but very much want to try stellarmate os x on my existingini.px but without losing windows.
6 months 3 weeks ago #96267

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
From StellarMate website: www.stellarmate.com/products/stellarmate-os/for-mini-pc.html

< Warning! StellarMate X OS will take the full disk space. All data on the target disk WILL BE COMPLETELY WIPED AND UNRECOVERABLE. You can not dual-boot or partition the installation. The Mini PC should be fully dedicated to StellarMate X OS. >

I think it would be better to create a ticket there, or ask here discord.gg/42aTpEFZm7 to be 100% sure.

You could always install the OS on another drive and swap it with the old one with Windows - it will be like a "new" mini PC - but I could say that If you are not Linux savvy, you will definitely have issues booting back on to Windows due to Grub, etc.
Last edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Euripides.
6 months 2 weeks ago #96274

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds