INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos Alignment functions greyed out

• Thank you received: 1
Ok thanks.

The test image was shot at 80mm FF equivalent, is that too wide? Would a narrower FOV with a longer focal length lens make it easier to plate solve?
3 years 11 months ago #54419

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
I think I did not understand what you tried to do. Which FOV is the picture you want to plate-solve? If that picture is actually the very wide view in which we see the satellite dish, what is the point of plate-solving it?

-Eric
3 years 11 months ago #54460

I meant this one which was shot at 80mm, and was solved successfully. Is there a benefit to using a photo shot with a longer focal length, say 140 mm ?

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by MF.
3 years 11 months ago #54464
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 301
If your objective is to make plate-solving work, use your final equipment because all the parameters will depend on its properties. Once this part is successful, that's one less problem in your list.

If you plan to plate-solve a very large FOV from a 80mm equipment, you probably don't need the plate-solving algorithm, you can simply point manually. Plate-solving is useful when the precision of the mount may not allow the observation target to be framed properly without feedback.

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: MF
3 years 11 months ago #54867

Thanks for that.

Finally got my camera working with Kstars - Details here.

Got two questions.

The Skywatcher Alt-Az wedge is available as an option under "mounts", but the alignment tab is greyed out if I do that. Why? should'nt Ekos allow for manual slewing atleast?
After installing Kstars on Ubuntu in order to get my camera recognized, ekos does not recognize the JPGs I Import from the camera for Offline solving. These are the same JPEGs which I used for the earlier examples I posted here? Why? Am I missing a driver or something?
3 years 11 months ago #54915

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds