INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

GPS time behavior

• Thank you received: 6
Hello all,

I just bought a DIYMall Vk-172 VK GPS dongle and I noticed something odd. In the EQmount tab/site management the UTC time is updated once at connection, but then it stops updating itself. Unlike the Julian date and local sideral time. The system is properly set to the correct time.

Is this expected ? working as designed ?

"Some people are so poor, all they have is money"
SW Black Diamond 80ED | SW150MAK | Newton SW 200/1000 | Orion 50mm Guider with Helical Focuser |Sirius EQ-G Rowan Belt Mode
Canon 1000D moded | ZWO ASI185MC | Baader Mark III Zoom
INDI | Stellarmate on RPI3B+ | Stellarium | Pixinsight
4 years 11 months ago #38830
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Yannic Delisle on topic GPS time behavior

Update on this

I did not notice that in the GPS tab there is a REFRESH button and a REFRESH parameter (in seconds) that can be set. I have to say that pressing the REFRESH button did not do anything, but entering a value in REFRESH did update the time in the UTC time field.

Now I have two observations:

(1) the default REFRESH parameter is set to zero. But in the mount tab it says "Kstar and mount time are now synched to the GPS driver" so if we do not poll the time (refresh default to zero) where does the mount synch its time from since the GPS driver does not update its time in Ekos ? If it does synch to the GPS driver, why do we need a refresh interval ?

(2) second thing I noticed: I changed the polling interval to 10 seconds and a funny thing happened. The LAT and LON where correct (but updated slightly differently after each poll, not an issue). But the altitude went from -2 meters to 104 meters incrementing after each refresh by about 1 meter... Looks like a bug. Anyone has the same behavior ?

Here are 2 screen shots to illustrate what I am talking about.

"Some people are so poor, all they have is money"
SW Black Diamond 80ED | SW150MAK | Newton SW 200/1000 | Orion 50mm Guider with Helical Focuser |Sirius EQ-G Rowan Belt Mode
Canon 1000D moded | ZWO ASI185MC | Baader Mark III Zoom
INDI | Stellarmate on RPI3B+ | Stellarium | Pixinsight
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Yannic Delisle.
4 years 11 months ago #38852
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds