INDI Library v1.9.4 Released (17 Jan 2022)

Bimonthly Stable INDI Library release introduces new drivers and fixes for existing ones. Some highlights:

Anybody know a lightweight alternative to KStars FITS Viewer for Raspbian?

• Thank you received: 20
I like the FITS Viewer just fine, but often I just want to find a file in the file manager, double-click it, and have a quick look. If I have FITS Viewer associated, it fires up KStars -- a whole new instance, even if I already have one running, which takes several seconds. Likewise it's a lot more clicking to navigate the File | Open | blahblahblah from KStars. I know it's not a huge thing but little user-interface bumps add up, you know?

TIA
1 year 2 weeks ago #65325

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 14
Yet Another Fits File Vierwer
github.com/dokeeffe/yaffv

It's was able to navigate into a FITS folder using arrows keys on yout keyboard and also was able to delete unwanted files
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick Wayne
1 year 2 weeks ago #65335

I dunno if I can get the file manager to associate a FITS double-click with running a Python script, but this is certainly along the lines I wanted, thanks!

Any other candidates?
1 year 2 weeks ago #65348

• Thank you received: 11
You can try one from this page: grytom.g6.cz/fits/
The application is in english also
1 year 2 weeks ago #65414

• Thank you received: 84
1 year 2 weeks ago #65416

I think both of those are for Ubuntu. I downloaded the ASTAP source -- I do it for a living, compiling doesn't scare me -- but there doesn't appear to be even a README on how to build it. Probably one buried somewhere on the website, I suppose. Obviously Jasem knows how to do it or ASTAP wouldn't have been an option for solving in previous SM versions!
1 year 2 weeks ago #65438

• Thank you received: 84
You can just download the Debian package for armhf (32bit) and arm64 (64 bit). No compilation required. If you want to compile, install Lazarus and load astap_linux.lpi then compile.

Binaries
64 bit:
sourceforge.net/projects/astap-program/f...p_arm64.deb/download

32 bit:
sourceforge.net/projects/astap-program/f...p_armhf.deb/download

You can associate it to .fits, drop a file on it or for quick scrolling you have this option:

Han
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by han.
1 year 2 weeks ago #65439
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 416
Quickly reviving an old thread. I know the question was about a light weight FITS viewer, but has anyone tried RawTherapee on their Raspberry Pi?
Wouter van Reeven

ASI6200MM and 7 slot 2" filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and 5 slot 1.25" filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R
Last edit: 11 months 4 weeks ago by Wouter van Reeven.
11 months 4 weeks ago #66265

• Thank you received: 416
Nevermind. RawTherapee doesn't seem to support FITS files.
Wouter van Reeven

ASI6200MM and 7 slot 2" filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and 5 slot 1.25" filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R
11 months 4 weeks ago #66268

• Thank you received: 101
Ah, you were still looking at something to read FITS, just not really 'lightweight' ;)

RT starts and runs, even on my Pi3 (not Raspbian but Tumbleweed). Not really usable though - needs minutes to decode a RAW...

The FITS viewer from ASIStudio is very nice. Unfortunately the don't seem to offer this for ARM
openSUSE Tumbleweed KStars git INDI git
GPDX+EQMOD, CEM60EC, ASI2600/1600/290mini+EFW+EAF
11 months 4 weeks ago #66271

• Thank you received: 16
Siril will work. A bit overkill, perhaps. I use Siril for stacking on a Pi4 sometimes, and I clicked on a FITS file once and found it opened in Siril. The Siril viewer has modes such as Linear and Auto-Stretch, which is also handy. Not good for killing bad files, though.
SkyWatcher 10" SynScan Goto Dobsonian, SV106 Guide, ZWO ASI178MC, Svbony SV105, SV305, Pi3HQcam, Pi4, DIY WaveShare focuser, Linux Ubuntu, KStars/Ekos, Carte du Ciel/CCDCiel, AstroDMx_Capture, Siril, StarTools, GIMP
11 months 4 weeks ago #66272

Time to create page: 10.300 seconds