INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Things keep going from bad to worse

• Thank you received: 86
Glad you got it working.
I have been using a Baldr 288Wh Power Station when in the field for three years now. Works fine for me. Never failed.
I also have a bunch of smaller Talencell 5v+12v batteries which I use to power different bits and pieces (like dew heaters, DSLR, etc).
When at home I use generic 110V/12V power bricks.
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Cohen
2 months 1 week ago #99152

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 8
"When at home I use generic 110V/12V power bricks."

Hmmm, isn't my Bluetti E3BA a "generic 120V/12V power brick?

This put something else on my mind. As you can see in this picture of the Bluetti ,it has both AC and DC outputs and also that something is plugged into one of the AC outputs. That something the AC adaptor for my Raspberry Pi, II came with the Pi and I always thought it was necessary to use it. In fact, I chose the Bluetti BECAUSE it had both AC and DC outputs, and I never thought about it. The AC Adaptor cable plugs into the USB-C port on the Pi. However, as you also can see in the picture, there is a "USB-C 100W" output port on the Bluetti. I wonder, if I just got a USB-C cable of the correct gender, could I plug the Pi directly into that port on the Bluetti without messing with the AC adaptor, and might THAT improve performance of the Bluetti to the extent that the camera would work, since it's no longer needlessly pumping both AC and DC (when the AC would only be converted back to DC by the adaptor)?
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Steve Cohen. Reason: formatting
2 months 1 week ago #99153

• Thank you received: 27
Have you tried plugging your pi into one of the USB-A ports?

Your other devices (camera, mount) only on the DC5521 Port and Cigarette Lighter Port?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Cohen
2 months 1 week ago #99181

Just got done with another successful experiment. Bought an "extra-tough", Kevlar coated USB-C to USB-C cable from Ace Hardware and plugged it into the USB-C ports of the Bluetti and the Pi and it works, and it left me capturing objects on the ground.

Such an incredible brain-fart I was operating under for a year and a half. I bought the Bluetti BECAUSE I could plug my Pi AC adapter into its AC socket. So I never even NOTiCED its USB-C socket and never thought of powering the Pi this way. It even worked for awhile that way. And then it didn't.

I only use the cigarette lighter port if I'm using the dew shield which is only rarely necessary in this part of the world. The mount and the camera are powered from the 12V DC sockets on the Bluetti.

We'll give this a whirl tonight.

And Max, your Baldr and my Bluetti are essentially the same thing with different packaging.
2 months 1 week ago #99183

• Thank you received: 86
"And Max, your Baldr and my Bluetti are essentially the same thing with different packaging."

Yes, this is very likely.
But I never even tried to power my things via Baldr's AC socket.
Always used its USB and 12V outputs.
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 3.
2 months 1 week ago #99184

Based on the (relative) successes I've been having the last two days, and also some bad reviews I've seen, I have cancelled my backorder of the Stellarmate Pro. I say relaytive successes because I am still troubled with being way out of focus and have had poor seeing conditions trying to resolve it, but I have seen enough to know that this is fixable when the weather gets better. Thanks to this community for all your help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mattia, Stéphane Carlin
2 months 1 week ago #99201

Finally, some good news!

Visiting a fellow astronomer friend who was QUICKLY able to resolve my focusing issues and got the rig working. I'd put it aside for a month in total frustration as I knew we'd be entertaining guests, but now it's back to where it was in November - getting actual images! I'd still like to know how he managed this so quickly.

Happy to see the new AstroArch release, though I think I may wait until I get home to try installing it.
4 weeks 1 day ago #100004

Moderators: Mattia
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds