INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Monitoring Astroberry Server at the scope

• Thank you received: 17
I have my equipment set up and working with the Astroberry Server (running on an Rpi 4 at the scope), now I am waiting for clear skies. My question has to do with monitoring activity at the telescope; principally focus and polar alignment , while the equipment is controlled from a remote computer. I have my equipment setup on home made scope caddy, I role it out of the garage down into the yard ; it is tethered to the house router via a long ethernet cable. I have a laptop, in the garage, running a Chrome connection to the server over the ethernet network. When I get to where I have to focus the scope (manual focus control) I need a monitor at the scope to see what is happening. My thought is that I can run a VNC connection to the WiFi server using an Ipad and the screen of the Ipad will mimic what ever is going on a the laptop in the garage. I can see that now just sitting in my study, but I am never sure of stuff until I see it happen under the real conditions. I will also need to monitor the adjustments I make during polar alignment, but again there should be nothing I need to actively do with Kstars , all the adjustment is at the scope. I just want to be able to monitor the results of that adjustment, just as in focus.

Does anyone see a problem with this approach?
4 years 3 months ago #47903

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
I run everything from RPi (including KStars/EKOS). When I need to focus manually I run framing on Ekos Focus tab, then start VNC client on my smartphone, adjust focus and preview focus / HFR on my phone. bVNC allows to zoom in any part of screen on the phone, which is very handy.
4 years 3 months ago #47908

• Thank you received: 17
Thanks,
I was pretty sure that would work, but now I know it has been done.

Ron
4 years 3 months ago #47937

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds