INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem with starting Astroberry

• Thank you received: 0
Hi all. I just installed Astroberry on my Raspi 4. Upon starting the program, I get multiple browser tabs as shown in the attached screenshot. I have tried two different screens and it doesn't appear to be related to the display. I am new to Raspi and VNC and have not computer background. Am I missing something obvious? Once I get Astroberry working, is there any way I can control the mount directly using the Raspi instead of another computer through VNC? I can only image in the field and don't want to bring an extra computer with me. Please help. Thanks.

3 years 2 months ago #67596
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
I got a loop one time like that one time using the browser, but I was testing out using a router on the PI . . .

I've had the best success connecting with the VNC viewer (realvnc) program instead of using a browser. Download the VNC viewer program. And if your Pi is online with your internet connection you can get to it from any browser online if you create an account. It's pretty cool. You can still use it with the hotspot from the Pi.

That has been the most reliable and easiest way for me too. You might also want to try connecting directly to the ethernet port, but that is not always reliable for me. The IP often changes and takes a bit to stablize. I haven't got that quite worked out yet. I think you need to assign static IPS, so I stopped messing with that.
3 years 2 months ago #67743

• Thank you received: 1
I got a loop one time like that one time using the browser, but I was testing out using a router on the PI . . .

I've had the best success connecting with the VNC viewer (realvnc) program instead of using a browser. Download the VNC viewer program. And if your Pi is online with your internet connection you can get to it from any browser online if you create an account. It's pretty cool. You can still use it with the hotspot from the Pi.

That has been the most reliable and easiest way for me too. You might also want to try connecting directly to the ethernet port, but that is not always reliable for me. The IP often changes and takes a bit to stablize. I haven't got that quite worked out yet. I think you need to assign static IPS, so I stopped messing with that.

And yes, you can control the Pi directly if you plug a keyboard, mouse and monitor directly into the pi. It is just a tiny computer and works great like that. That's how I had mine setup for the first week or so.
3 years 2 months ago #67744

• Thank you received: 8
It looks like you're connecting to the VNC via noVNC within RPi. VNC is for remote desktop, you should use a client that is on a different server. If you open Chromium on your RPI to test out the VNC then this would be your problem. Do you have a separate computer that you can access the PI? You can run the PI in headless mode (i.e. without a monitor).

For 'is there any way I can control the mount directly using the Raspi instead of another computer through VNC' you could look at getting an official RPi touch screen, though I can't say how that would work and you will also want make sure you don't give off blue light.
3 years 2 months ago #67759

Moderators: Radek Kaczorek
Time to create page: 0.792 seconds