INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Request pointer configuring Canon M Camera

• Thank you received: 3
I am trying to configure a Canon M in EKOS. First the only drop down in the camera menus is 'Canon DSLR'. Am I missing a lib load?
Second even with the above the activation sequence hits a dead end. It simply stalls, there are no activate or connect options. Is what I am missing obvious?
Thank you in advance for any pointers. Dan
1 year 1 month ago #91488

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

That's the correct driver. You get nothing in INDI Control Panel? it fails to detect the camera at all? how about if you use GPhoto DSLR driver?
1 year 1 month ago #91489

Yes, there is no response from attempting to activate indi from EKOS. The only active response is from the ccd simulator. I also tried to connect a Svbony 305 via a USB. There is no response from the physical camera.
1 year 1 month ago #91491

I am getting the following message:
org.kde.kstars.indi: Driver "Canon DSLR" failed to start. Retrying in 5 seconds...
for attempting to connect to any camera. I have tried Canon and Sony. I would at least expect the Indi panel to start and then fail on actually attempting to connect.
This includes physically connecting to a Svbony SV305 directly connected with a USB cable.
The system is Fedora Linux 36.
1 year 1 month ago #91501

I reconfigured to a SV305M Pro directly connected via USB. The start trace is below:

kstars
Call to writableLocation without an application-based location.
org.kde.kstars: Welcome to KStars 3.6.4 Beta
org.kde.kstars: Build: 2020-07-26T00:00:00Z
org.kde.kstars: OS: "fedora"
org.kde.kstars: API: "x86_64-little_endian-lp64"
org.kde.kstars: Arch: "x86_64"
org.kde.kstars: Kernel Type: "linux"
org.kde.kstars: Kernel Version: "6.2.7-100.fc36.x86_64"
org.kde.kstars: Qt Version: 5.15.8
org.kde.kstars: Processing "unnamedstars.dat" , HTMesh Level 3
org.kde.kstars: Sky Mesh Size: 512
org.kde.kstars: Loaded DSO catalog file: "unnamedstars.dat"
org.kde.kstars: "Star HD20,794 not found."
org.kde.kstars: "Star HD98,230 not found."
org.kde.kstars: Loaded DSO catalogs.
org.kde.kstars: Loading comets
QObject::connect(QAction, Ekos::Scheduler): invalid nullptr parameter
QObject::connect: No such signal QCPAxis::QCPAxis::rangeChanged(QCPRange)
QObject::connect: (receiver name: 'Analyze')
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
kf.xmlgui: Shortcut for action "get_data" "Download New Data..." set with QAction::setShortcut()! Use KActionCollection::setDefaultShortcut(s) instead.
kf.xmlgui: Shortcut for action "timestep_increase_units" "Increase Time Scale" set with QAction::setShortcut()! Use KActionCollection::setDefaultShortcut(s) instead.
kf.xmlgui: Shortcut for action "timestep_decrease_units" "Decrease Time Scale" set with QAction::setShortcut()! Use KActionCollection::setDefaultShortcut(s) instead.
org.kde.kstars: Current icon theme is "Adwaita"
QImage::scaled: Image is a null image
org.kde.kstars: Loading comets
org.kde.kstars: Loading asteroids
org.kde.kstars.ekos: "Starting INDI services..."
org.kde.kstars.indi: Driver "SVBONY CCD" failed to start. Retrying in 5 seconds...
org.kde.kstars.indi: Driver "SVBONY CCD" failed to start. Retrying in 5 seconds...
1 year 1 month ago #91502

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Request pointer configuring Canon M Camera

Hi , Dan!
From what you've described, it seems like you're only seeing "Canon DSLR" as an option in your camera menu. Please note that this could be due to a missing lib load, although it's tough to determine without additional information about your setup.

It's also puzzling that the activation sequence is stalling without any activate or connect options. Can you confirm that you have the right drivers and firmware installed for your camera? It's possible that there could be some essential components missing that are stopping the camera from connecting properly.

I recommend you carefully review your camera settings and ensure that everything is properly configured.
1 year 1 month ago #91535

Thank you. I am stuck getting any camera other than the simulator to connect. I have a Canon M and would love to connect to it.
To the question, there are 2 to 3 dozen camer options. Non that relate to mirrorless. The closest is: DSLR. Under that drop down there is only one Canon - Canon DSLR.
For the M what should I be looking for?
I am running the 3rd party repository and have the following installed:

indi-libs-2.0.1.git-20230329154928.fc37.x86_64
indi-2.0.1.git-20230329154928.fc37.x86_64
stellarsolver-2.4.git-20230201164833.fc37.x86_64
kstars-3.6.4.git-20230328141941.fc37.x86_64
libsvbony-2.0.1.git-20230329131908.fc37.x86_64
libahp-gt-2.0.1.git-20230329131822.fc37.x86_64
indi-eqmod-2.0.1.git-20230329132722.fc37.x86_64
1 year 1 month ago #91556

Time to create page: 0.601 seconds