INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Canon t6 1300D not saving files to directories

• Thank you received: 3
There are 2 file save configuration directories:
EKOS: Under camera there is a File Settings, Directory setting. This seems to have no effect.
INDI: Options sub menu: Upload Settings field Dir sttting appears to have no effect
Options sub menu: Upload Client, Local and Both - What do these refer to?
What is the configuration mechanism to cause files to be save to an identified directory?
Thanks in advance for your help.
1 year 3 weeks ago #91815

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What are you Ekos settings? post a screenshot
1 year 3 weeks ago #91819

Thank you.
The screen shot is attached. I changed the number of shots to 3 and initiated by the sequence by the darkened triangle near the 'tools' sub menu. This worked. The images are now saved as ecpected.
The remaining issue is I can't change the directory: /home/dan/Pictures/Light tto /home/dan/Pictures. WhenI initiate the sequence it creates a directory /home/dan/Pictures/Light/Light. This is minor since the photos are saved.
*** A couple of EKOS INDI differences:
When I change a parameter such as exposure time in INDI it is refelcted in EKOS as expected
However there is a directory in the INDI configureation: Under the Options menu there is a field; 'Upload Settings' / subfield 'Dir'. This does not seem to have any effect. What does it do?
Additionally in INDI under Options there is a field 'Upload'. I want to save the images on the local computer. That is the one actually driving the camera. I set this to 'Local'. However this seting is over written and is reset to 'Client';

1 year 3 weeks ago #91823
Attachments:

You don't need to change any INDI settings. Just change the directory above to /home/dan/Pictures and you're good to go.
1 year 3 weeks ago #91824

It is not working again. I changed several variables in an attempt to get a better test image The screen shot shows the sequence should be 3 photos. It is only taking one. When it worked there was a progresion bar that incremented with each photh. That is now longer present. A preview window is created. The files is not saved. They were being saved for a while.
I have tried exiting and restarting kstars.
What else can I provide.

1 year 3 weeks ago #91841
Attachments:

I don't see the sequence, did you click "+" in the sequence queue? then pressed play?
1 year 3 weeks ago #91843

Thank you. That queued the sequence.
I then executed it; it resulted in a communication error. i had noticed this a couple of times. It there a way to diagnose it? I there a test driver to execise the channel?

2023-04-10T01:55:34: [WARNING] dispatch_command() : serial port read failed for 200ms (1 retries), verify mount link.
1 year 3 weeks ago #91848

The INDI error may not be all of it. A single sequence is completing about 1 in 10. I created new sequence steps. The operation is Aborting, there are no messages. Are there logs that can be tuned on?

1 year 3 weeks ago #91850
Attachments:

You need to check INDI Control Panel --> Canon EOS tab to check what the error is there.
1 year 3 weeks ago #91855

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
To start with, inspect the Directory setting located under the camera's File Settings. When this does not work, you can proceed to check Dir setting in the INDI Options sub-menu. If either of these settings appear to be ineffective, there are high chances that this may stem from an issue related to either your camera or software.

The Upload Settings field could possibly not have been configured correctly. Furthermore, it is uncertain what Local and Both choices in the Upload Client refer to so further research may be necessary in that regard.

For guaranteeing your files are being saved in the correct directory, try connecting your camera to your computer and use programs like EOS Utility for managing them. You can also reset all of your camera's settings back to their defaults and start over again.

In case you still encounter issues concerning saving files, contacting Canon customer support might prove helpful. All the best and hopefully this info will be useful for dealing with this problem!
1 year 3 weeks ago #91859

I may have progress. There is a parameter in EKOS 'Delay'. I set this to 4 seconds, just above the reported upload time of 3.x seconds. Sedond there was a parameter in INDI labeled 'rapid'. I turned this to disabled. I believe there was a conflict between data collection and uploading.
Question: I do not have an SD card in the camera. Would buvvering the image in an SD card prevent this in the future? Also under actual use the exposure time will be several seconds with a 10 second or so delay. This should alieviat alieviate this.
1 year 3 weeks ago #91862

• Thank you received: 28
My guess is that you are trying to change the directory settings after adding the sequence with the [+] button?
The EKOS settings such as directory when you press the [+] button are registered in the sequence.
To change the settings of a registered sequence, double-click on the sequence to enter edit mode.
1 year 3 weeks ago #91868

Time to create page: 0.902 seconds