INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI SVBONY CCD Driver Monochrome Reimplementation

• Thank you received: 25
BTW, Do you have any idea about the following part of the log I posted in #96102 ?
If you know of any source code that I can check, please let me know.
[2023-10-01T12:30:56.384 東京 (標準時) INFO ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - SVBONY CCD SV905C :  "[ERROR] CCD_CAPTURE_FORMAT: newSwitchVector with no valid members "
6 months 4 weeks ago #96110

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Jasem
I create a following pull request. Could you review it?
> Stabilization of SVBONYBase::workerExposure #845

As far as we have tested, Crash and TIMEOUT have not interrupted image retrieval.
It would be helpful if you could test more often if possible, as there may be causes I am overlooking, such as timing, SDK characteristics, etc.

I would test it in real operations.
6 months 3 weeks ago #96117

Hi Jasem

By the way, does the ZWO CCD INDI driver on which the refactoring is based support monochrome 16 bits? asi_helper.h and asi_base.cpp do not seem to support monochrome 16 bits.
6 months 3 weeks ago #96140

I'm not sure what you mean by supporting monochrome exactly? Monochrome is the simplest format so it should work by default as-is.
6 months 3 weeks ago #96147

It seemed to me that the source code for the INDI driver for the ZWO camera only supported the monochrome video format Y8, so I was wondering if it didn't support monochrome 16bit.
Looking at ASICamera2.h and SVBCameraSDK.h, it seems that the method of determining the bit depth of monochrome video formats is different.

I will be re-implementing SVBONY's support for monochrome cameras soon. After the SVBONY SV605MC monochrome cooled camera is returned to me from the manufacturer, I will test it and submit a pull request.
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by tkakura.
6 months 3 weeks ago #96159

Hi Jasem

I will fix the problem with the current SVBONY CCD INDI DRIVER video stream format not being initialized at the same time as the monochrome support.
Until then, please do not change the source code of SVBONY CCD INDI DRIVER.
OK?
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by tkakura.
6 months 3 weeks ago #96206

The following user(s) said Thank You: tkakura
6 months 3 weeks ago #96208

Thank you for your acceptance.

Actually, I've almost finished the monochrome reimplementation of it.
I'm waiting for my SV605MC to be returned from the Chinese factory.
I think it will probably be about 10 days away.
6 months 3 weeks ago #96209

Hi Jasem

Not using the Ekos Capture Module's Format for Video Streaming was not a SVBONY-specific problem.
[Live video] does not appear to use the Ekos settings, unlike [Capture a preview].
Since the problem is different from the driver for SVBONY, I have divided it into the following articles.

The [Live Video] button does not use the Ekos Capture Module settings.
6 months 3 weeks ago #96217

• Thank you received: 0
I'm experiencing issues with the new driver as well, with my SV605CC. I haven't been able to establish the exact pattern, but after reading this thread I think it is related to the issues setting gain. Basically my images are only sometimes coming out with any gain applied, at least that's how it appears.

I checked out the commit before the reimplementation, and everything's working as expected again. The issue is occurring very consistently, so if there's any testing I can do let me know. I did test with the current master commit, it exhibited the same gain-less behavior.
6 months 1 week ago #96536

The most recent Pull Request was merged on October 19 around 8:30 UTC.
Please try with that code.
6 months 1 week ago #96567

• Thank you received: 0
I'll try to rig up a test this evening. If the gain issue does re-occur, what kind of informational can I gather to help troubleshoot?

I read the code change, I saw the change to temperature handling. Last Tuesday was the first time I decided to try using the cooler, and was confused that it couldn't get as cold as it was supposed to and I thought my equipment might be defective, that change explains it exactly. Thanks for taking care of that.
6 months 1 week ago #96569

Time to create page: 1.396 seconds