INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[CLOSED]The [Live Video] button does not use the Ekos Capture Module settings.

• Thank you received: 25
Hi Jasem

I would like to know something about Video Streaming.

Is it a BUG that when I execute [Live Video] in the Ekos Capture Module, it does not use the Format, Gain, and other settings that are set in the Ekos Capture Module?

I have this question because the behavior of [Live Video] and [Capture a preview] is different as follows.
SVBONY SV405CC and ZWO ASI294MC both behave the same.

[Capture a preview]
When [Capture a preview] is executed in the Ekos Capture Module, ISNewSwitch and ISNewNumber are called for the Format and Gain that were set in the Ekos Capture Module. At this timing, the appropriate Video Format, etc. are set.

[Live Video]
On the other hand, ISNewSwitch and ISNewNumber are not called when [Live Video] is executed in Ekos Capture Module.
In other words, the values set in the INDI Control Panel are used instead of the Format and Gain set in the Ekos Capture Module.
6 months 3 weeks ago #96216

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Right, it's not as much as a bug as it was never implemented. It would be nice to implement of course. One way around this is to simply capture a preview. However, the video dialog itself could also use a lot of improvement to make it suitable for Electronically-Assisted-Astronomy (EAA). This was discussed in length before. As it stands today, Ekos is catered toward deep sky astrophotography and not for planetary imaging.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tkakura
6 months 3 weeks ago #96218

Thanks for your response.
I agree with your opinion.
I do not see the importance of video streaming in Ekos. It is a feature I could do without.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
6 months 3 weeks ago #96220

This behavior is the current specification.
6 months 1 week ago #96583

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds