INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Nikon d3400

1 year 6 months ago
etamburini
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Nikon d3400 #31641
Goodmorning everyone!
I would like to know if the nikon d3400 works with ekos and, if it works, what does it need?

Emanuele

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago 1 year 4 months ago by james_lan.
james_lan
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Nikon d3400 #33486
I don't have one, but per this it should be supported by gphoto2, which INDI uses to access most (all?) DSLRs it can: gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php

I have a D5100 and D5300 and both work fine with the same list of supported items.

You will need a USB cable to connect to it. Other than that batteries, and (preferably) an SD card to store data on. (Capture to RAM recently began working for my D5300, I haven't tested with the D5100 yet.)

6 months 5 days ago
khobar
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Nikon d3400 #46067
James - when you say you haven't tested with the D5100 yet, are you referring to capture to RAM specifically or the camera in general? And are you using a serial USB relay for bulb mode >30s? If so, how do you have it configured?

I also have the D5300 and know it requires just the USB cable, but after reading just now a thread on the KTronic USB relay not quite working (as of late last month), I'm really hoping you have a solution. Thanks!

6 months 4 days ago
El Corazon
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Nikon d3400 #46105

etamburini wrote: Goodmorning everyone!
I would like to know if the nikon d3400 works with ekos and, if it works, what does it need?

Emanuele

I have the Nikon D3300 and that works just fine with Ekos. You just need the USB cable to connect it and you should be good to go.

Atlas Pro AZ-EQ, ASI1600MM-Pro, ASI120MM-S, ES102ED, WO-Z61, Nikon D3300, ASI-EFW, ZWO LRGB,Ha,O3,S2 filter set

Time to create page: 0.642 seconds