Canon DSLR auto focus issues

1 year 3 weeks ago
chengel
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Canon DSLR auto focus issues #36355
Hello Herrhausen,
I just upgraded to the latest nightly build.
I cannot confirm the problems you report. Here everything is running like yesterday....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 3 weeks ago
Herrhausen
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Canon DSLR auto focus issues #36363
You hear the mirror flip when focus is being adjusted? Puzzling!

While we're at it... does the mirror flip separately, for every focusing command issued?

1 year 3 weeks ago
Herrhausen
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Canon DSLR auto focus issues #36364
Tried again, no luck. Changed 40D -> 5D Mk2, same result. Changed USB wire, same result.

As you can see, focus did not move. I give up now. I've added ~1000 pictures to the shutter count to no avail. It doesn't make sense to run one test after another with the lens not moving one iota. Maybe the situation will have changed when I'm back from vacation. I wish you success and good luck!
Attachments:

6 months 4 weeks ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Canon DSLR auto focus issues #42990
Reviving an old thread because we ran into this issue tonight. We tried the autofocus feature on a Canon 700D with a Canon 50 mm lens and also with a Canon 200 mm lens but the autofocus doesn’t work. We tried using libgphoto2 from the command line and the focuser moves. Also from the control panel with View Finder switched on, when selecting a Manual Drive option the focuser moves. But not from the Focuser tab when clicking the focus in or out buttons unless the View Finder was enabled in the control panel. As soon as live view is enabled, the buttons stop working.

What else can we do to help investigate and resolve this feature?

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

6 months 4 weeks ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Canon DSLR auto focus issues #42992
Please clone INDI and open INDI Gphoto driver in Qt creator or another IDE. The move relative focuser function is defined in line 1822:
IPState GPhotoCCD::MoveRelFocuser(FocusDirection dir, uint32_t ticks)

Which sets up a timer for UpdateFocusMotionCallback ins line #1850
void GPhotoCCD::UpdateFocusMotionCallback()

Which calls the gphoto_manual_focus function defined in gphoto_driver.cpp, line #2165
int gphoto_manual_focus(gphoto_driver *gphoto, int speed, char *errMsg)

All the focus stuff are contained within the above, so you can investigate why it's not working and hopefully can submit a patch to fix the issue.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds