INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ATIK 383L+: Supported in OS/X INDI server?

• Thank you received: 4
Good evening!

Just created an account for this forum. First of all, thank you all for developing the INDI platform! I will adopt it where possible in my astro hobby.

This evening I downloaded the INDI server for Mac OS/X (version 1.14 (0.9.9.1954)) as a dmg file. Installing was very easy. In fact, I already have performed some tests with version 1.12 and succeede to connect to my NEQ5 Synscan Pro.

I tried to connect an ATIK 383L+camera via the Mac's USB port. Added the ATIK CCD device to the server and checked if it responds in the INDI Control panel. Unfortunately, no success. The ATIK CCD is visible in the server window, but marked with a yellow led. It does not show in the control panel.

I tried to connect the camera using Cloudmaker's AstroImager (obtained through the App Store). This works great!

Some data about my setup:

Mac OS/X:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
Yosemite version 10.10.2
16 GB RAM

INDI server:
1.14 (0.9.9.1954)
Started by clicking at the app file in the Mac's Applications folder.

ATIK:
383L+, latest firmware installed (purchased one month ago)

Is the ATIK 383L+ supported in this application? If not, do I need to include a driver?

I am very new in the INDI-world, so it is possible I ask for something known. I searched this forum and googled a lot and could not find any indication.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Clear skies!
Alexander
Principality of Andorra
9 years 2 months ago #3057

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I would just add another observation:

For the second time now, my Mac freezes after some time after starting the INDI server with the ATIK CCD included. The mouse does not respond, neither does the keyboard. All seems frozen, Only the "big red button" helps me out (force a shut-down and restart).

Without INDI server, my Mac never shows this behavior.

Thank you for any feedback.

Cheers,
Alexander
9 years 2 months ago #3058

• Thank you received: 174
Hi Alexander, I found that problem yesterday evening, rebuilt ATIK driver and reuploaded INDI Server 1.14. Please, can you try it one more time? Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexander Beening
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Peter Polakovic.
9 years 2 months ago #3096

Thank you!

This evening or tomorrow I will try it out (depends on available time).
I am really pleased!

All the best,
Alexander
9 years 2 months ago #3097

Hi, Peter

I just downloaded the new Indi server version from www.cloudmakers.eu/indiserver/ and performed some dummy tests with the ATIK (unfortunately, the sky in Andorra is currently not transparent).

Now the ATIK CCD works correctly!
Some tests I performed:
  • INDI server started with ATIK 383L+ connected. Added newly the ATIK CCD: Device is detected immediately
  • INDI control panel: Connected to INDI server. ATIK CCD is shown with a green led and all functions are accessible
  • AstroImager tool: Connected to INDI server (instead of direct connection to ATIK): Connects correctly.All imaging functions (preview and capture) work like a charm!

My conclusion:
This version is full operational. Next imaging opportunity I will use the INDI server setup with the AstroImager application.

Pete, thanks a lot for your effort. This level of service deserves a donation!

I included a screenshot of my Mac screen to illustrate the test environment.

Have a nice evening and warm greeting from Andorra!

All the best,
Alexander
9 years 2 months ago #3122
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 174
It is a good news, thank you. Peter
9 years 2 months ago #3123

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds