INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Starshoot Autoguider Pro - getting started

• Thank you received: 2
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use a Starshoot Autoguider Pro as a guide camera, but haven't had any luck connecting to it through Ekos. Has anyone else had success with a particular driver or any file mods to make it work?

I've tried the following drivers:
- indi_ssag_ccd
- indi_qhy_ccd
- indi_starshootg_ccd
- indi_sx_ccd (really stretching here)

I'm running the drivers remotely on a RPi 4, connecting via KStars/Ekos on a Windows computer (both with Pi as a hotspot and over a router). I've tried using the Pi4's USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports with no discernable difference. I've previously connected other cameras and a mount to the Pi and successfully controlled them, but for this test, I only have the SSAG Pro connected.

In each case, I get the following prompts, respectively:
- "Failed to connect loader." "Failed to connect device." (two separate prompts)
- "No QHY cameras detected. Power on?
- "No Toupcam detected. Power on?"
- "Unable to establish remote device" (not a pop-up like the others, but in the Ekos status window)

If needed, I can post logs, but if anyone has made it work, I'd like to give their config a try.

Thanks!
3 years 8 months ago #58625

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi and welcome to INDI forums! I emailed Orion about this, let's see if they can suggest something.
3 years 8 months ago #58659

Thanks for the welcome Jasem!

Has Orion replied yet? I'll be trying a it more experimentation on the setup this weekend and figured I'd ask beforehand.

Thanks!
3 years 7 months ago #58956

Well, they said they would get back to me... maybe I'll follow up with them.
3 years 7 months ago #58963

Not sure if Orion got back to you - I know they've been understandably overwhelmed.

I found a solution which appears to work. It's based on a couple of threads including these:
indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/5292-qhy5-n...s/40296.html?start=0
www.indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/1621-or...guider.html?start=12

Long story short, I added the following line in 85-qhyccd.rules file in section 2, the pre-enumerated device IDs:
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="16c0", ATTRS{idProduct}=="29a2", RUN+="/sbin/fxload -t fx2 -I /lib/firmware/qhy/QHY5II.HEX -D $env{DEVNAME}"

Again, it seems to work: the camera connects, takes images, and doesn't seem to throw any errors/warnings that aren't expected based on my test setup.

Hopefully this helps someone else - and maybe it's worth adding into the next release to add the capability for the SSAG Pro.

Thanks!
3 years 7 months ago #60221

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds