INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

problem color with zwo asi 183 mc pro with ekos

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,

I have a zwo asi 183 mc pro camera. and I find that my photos with ekos have very few colors.

for example see my m31

despite having set the debayer option.

Do you have an idea of ​​setting to make or photo acquisition software that works well.

thank you in advance
3 years 5 months ago #62530

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

well, there was no attachment. But Go to Configure KStars --> Settings --> FITS and make sure "Auto Debayer" is ON.
3 years 5 months ago #62531

• Thank you received: 0
I have the auto debayer option enabled, but the result is really not that great. Are there other options to adjust.
3 years 5 months ago #62532

Post a link to the FITS file.
3 years 5 months ago #62533

• Thank you received: 117
FWIW, I have an ASI183mcPro, and it works very well with Ekos. Is it possible that your INDI properties for the camera are not set appropriately? In my case (f/2.2 imaging), I use 1/2 unity gain (50), and offset=8. The fitsviewer displays my 30 second exposures very well, with plenty of color in nebula. If you post your telescope focal ratio, gain, offset, and exposure length settings, we may be able to help you. A screen snapshot from the fitsviewer might also be helpful. Have you post-processed any of your subs? Are you suggesting that they are ok, but the stretched versions in Ekos are not?

A final suggestion is that M31 isn't going to be a good color target. If you try an object with some real color ( good fall objects might be NGC281, M42, M45, or NGC2244), you may find the color(s) you're looking for. If they're missing from nebula objects, then we'll know you have a real mystery to be solved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Doug S.
3 years 5 months ago #62559

Time to create page: 1.003 seconds