INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Question about guide scope gain settings in INDI control panel

• Thank you received: 5
Hello, I have a question on gain settings for the guide scope in the INDI control panel. I see an AutoExpMaxGain, which defaults to 50. If I set the Gain at the top to a greater value than 50, does this setting override the AutoExpMaxGain, or is it the other way around? If I set the AutoExpMaxGain to a higher value, would it override the standard gain setting if the guide module (or whatever dictates auto gain) wanted more gain? Do I need to set both to a higher value? I just need to know what settings I need to set in case I wanted to raise the gain on the guide camera higher than the default values listed. Also, being as I don't have a histogram to reference, if I was to set the gain to, say, 66 (as I was thinking for a starting point), how much, if any, offset would I need to set?

The reason for this is that I occasionally will attach a 2X Barlow to the guide scope to narrow the FOV for longer scopes, and I suspect the guide camera may need greater gain. It may not, but if need be, I would like to know what settings I need to set.

Thanks.

2 years 1 month ago #82087
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds