INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Assigning ZWO ASI cameras to roles so Ekos knows what should be used where

• Thank you received: 9
I have had an ASI294MC Pro Color camera for a while and was using it in conjunction with an Orion Starshoot serving as my quide camera.
I recently added an ASI120MM Mini to replace the Starshoot in my primary imaging rig (I want to return to the Orion G3 topic when I get this all sorted and setup the capability of a second rig).
The mini seems to be a big step up from the Starshoot in terms of clarity and number of stars found but I am struggling to work out how to get Ekos to know which camera to use for which role when it starts.
It mostly starts up with the 120 as the imaging camera and the 294 as the quide camera (not using either to the best).

I've not yet located any posts about this topic and have looked although I could be looking the wrong way.
Has this been covered previously?
Is there a way to assign cameras to roles and have that stick between restarts of Ekos?
1 year 9 months ago #84570

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yes, just selected which camera in guide and which camera in capture module and usually they stick between restarts.
1 year 9 months ago #84571

Thanks Jasem, I thought it should. Mine does not seem to stick. Especially if there is a crash (I've been getting the crash during align solves issue which I'm trying to work through). Running on a Raspberry Pi BTW although I hope that's not related.
1 year 9 months ago #84572

• Thank you received: 226
Maybe try the Primary/Guider identifiers within the INDI driver control panel.
1 year 9 months ago #84588

Thanks Andrew. I don't recall setting those but they were both set correctly. Skies are clear at the moment so I'll see what the evening brings.
1 year 9 months ago #84595

Time to create page: 0.629 seconds