INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Strange behavior with the scheduler - failed twice

• Thank you received: 158
Last night I was running a schedule which should have ran all night - through a meridian flip.

I woke up after the flip just to check and saw that it was not imaging - and had stopped. There was a message was on the screen asking me if I wanted to use the ASI1600MM camera - which is the camera I had been using. I've seen this message before (is it a new feature?) at the start of the schedule but it had a timer to default after a few seconds. But this message did NOT have that timer and so it was just waiting for my input. It appeared to stop just as the autoguider had aborted due to the RMS being out of bounds. As soon as I closed the "select camera" window, it resumed, just before the flip.

I watched the flip - and afterwards, it started guiding again, but WITHOUT recalibrating the autoguider, so that failed. Fortunately I was watching, and stopped it to recalibrate the guider. I have also noticed that after my ROTATOR moves, EKOS doesn't realize it must recalibrate the autoguider the too.

So I went back to bed and set my alarm to get back up at dusk. What I saw was that sometime in the night the autoguider again aborted due to the RMS being out of bounds again. Instead of just starting the autoguider, the scheduler paused again! It had that same "select camera" message n the screen.

But here's another strange part seen above - While the scheduler was NOT running - the camera module was. It continued to take images even though the scheduler and the autoguider were not running. I have a great mount (CEM120 EC2) so these short 120 second images were fine without guiding.

Bottom line - KStars 3.6 can not run the scheduler unattended- which basically defeats its purpose.

1 year 8 months ago #86071
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds