INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Guiding far side of passing cloud interval

• Thank you received: 558
@David As mentioned above, you should set the "reset pipeline ..." value to 1 or 2 arcminutes and use 1 or 2 frames. That should work as long as your plate solving is reasonably reliable. See below. Reset pipeline could be worded better, for sure, but what it means is re-align and then restart guiding as far as I know.

I'd also check the "dist" checkbox on your Analyze page, so you can see the drift plotted. You'll only see that plot if the alignment check ("reset pipleline...") has been checked for the session you're recording.

With those changes, you likely would have returned to reasonable imaging a few frames after the clouds passed.

I can't tell what version of KStars/Ekos you were using. There were some bugs a while back that caused the guider to incorrectly pulse the mount away from the target. I believe it was fixed in 3.5.8.

@Steve, thanks so much for answering questions. This is a collaborative project--it needs the help of knowledgeable folks like you! Please continue to post.

@Ron Wolfgang has fixed some bugs related to guiding not restarting, and is likely working on others. Message him and see if your issue has been addressed...and please be patient/kind. The best way to improve KStars is to volunteer your efforts. This is an open-source volunteer-based project. If you can code, try to fix the issues. If you can't code, perhaps you can organize the online documentation, do user surveys on improvements to the user experience, gather logs and other useful debugging information for issues that might exist, test proto-releases, ... We do appreciate your bug reports.
1 year 5 months ago #86572
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16
Hy,

I do appreciate the efforts of all the developers. I have been using StellarMate OS for over two years and have supported its efforts whenever possible. I try new features, report issues, post logs, try to help others with problems, etc.

I guess my frustration is that after two years, I still can't get through a night without unexplained aborts unless the conditions are nearly perfect. It's very disheartening to wake up in the morning only to find that EKOS quit guiding and/or capturing right after I stopped monitoring.

I'm not a coder, but am willing to help in any way I can to solve the "cloudy night" issue. As I said in another thread, I believe that EKOS may be trying to be too smart and/or elegant. Perhaps a more straightforward approach would help... such as if guiding/capturing has not worked for a certain amount of time that the system should through control back to the scheduler and reinitiate the sequence of slew, focus, align, guide, capture, etc. It's better to spend a couple of minutes with a "restart" than losing the whole night.

Anyway... didn't mean to unkind... not my intention. Let me know how I can help.

Ron
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Ron Clanton.
1 year 5 months ago #86575

• Thank you received: 558
Ron,
Thanks for your feedback. I sent you a PM. Let's discuss and figure out an approach to improving things.
Hy
1 year 5 months ago #86576

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds