INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars/Ekos 'Auto Connect' (Profile Editor) is ignored in Mode: Remote

• Thank you received: 13
Libindi 1.9.8
Kstars/Ekos 3.6.1

I was testing yesterday, finally, Kstars/Ekos 3.6.1 on the raspberry pi with some window of opportunity between clouds. Overall the app is super appealing (less cluttered than NINA and I finally learned how to use the Optical Train feature, and I actually like it). But, I have two major issues:

- Kstars/EKOS keeps crashing, more than ever before (!). It happens whenever I 'connect to/launch' indi within EKOS, or in many other places (sometimes taking a picture, always when I try to use the new platesolve build around the polar alignment adjustments. Now I'm not sure if this could be due to the Raspberry PI limited USB Power?. Both the 3B+ and the 4B seemed to be doing that, one with the Ubuntu packages (3B+) the other with some Manjaro distribution. The connected devices are a Canon 6D, ASI120mm, an EQDir cable and a small GPS-usb device. I have a mini PC (MeLe 2Q), I have it with Windows but I could try to install Linux to test EKOS, but I would like to know if I could expect better stability (if the issue is the USB power in the Raspberrys).

- When I activate dark subtraction for the guider (or in the polar alignment routine) for my ASI 120mm mini, it only take the first picture and then it does not take any more pictures.
1 year 6 months ago #87062

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

is this self compiled? For the crashes, please attach log from Ekos Debugger.
1 year 6 months ago #87065

No, Kstars/Ekos is from the Manjaro repository (in its Testing branch, as the stable still has the 3.6.0 version).
1 year 6 months ago #87066

I'm starting with a fresh configuration, lets see if it helps. Maybe I can also remove the GPS-USB device and try to sync the time with my phone using virtualgps. I don't know how much current do these GPS-USB draw, but maybe it helps if it is max current shared among usb issue?
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Mireia.
1 year 6 months ago #87085

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds