INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

My EKOS "Current Session" has lost sky, stars and snr information

• Thank you received: 4
This has been an issue since the 19th but do I need to reinstall KStars, is there any reset formula.How do I send a .analyse file? ekos-2023-02-25T20-59-23.analyze
1 year 2 months ago #90861
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 566
Please include a full log file, or upload one to Google drive and send the link to that. Please also describe what software you were running, and what you were doing when the problem occurred.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Len North
1 year 2 months ago #90908

Hello Hy and thank you for replying.
I took the time to ask two questions in my post but you answered neither. The first was "In the complete absence of a config backup / restore option, Is there a reset that I can perform without having to start with a clean system and Kstars Install?"
The second question was asking how I can attach a *.analyse file to a bug report. Google is not an option as I run a Google Free Zone here. The file ekos-2023-02-25T20-59-23.analyze has information that may help you.
My last bug report was No 465605 and is one of about five sent in the last few weeks.
Wolfgang Reissenberger has questioned whether I use packages or source builds and I believe that my current issues are to do with the package builds vs source builds as the debian fork is not updating, and therefore it has not been updating my system. I draw your attention to the list of failed updates on Debian, wheras the linus updates only show 1 failure. I am not sure if this is why my packages are not showing improvements
Thank you anyway, I'll let you know more when I find out.

1 year 2 months ago #90918
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 566
1- I'm not familiar with any system reset functionality.

2- An analyze file might be interesting, and would be nice to include, but a full debug log is definitely required.
Just compress them and attach them to this thread. Alternatively, upload them (if not google then dropbox or equivalent) and send a link.

3- A full description of what software you were running, what you were doing, what you expected to see, and what you actually saw is also needed.

Thanks,
Hy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Len North
1 year 2 months ago #90919

I’m pleased that the 0.77 GB of log files have given you an insight and info on my systems, but please refer to the last bug report I made and you will find my information and more…
I commenced nightly build testing and submitting bug reports this year as none of the KStars Team efforts were assisting me in keeping my systems running
I have 2 systems and when my nightly build system is running I often do captures or comparisons with KStars Ver 3.5.7 on my old iMac. It is my working standard and the pinnacle of KStars achievements for reliability. How else can I continue my hobby when your stable systems don’t work?

Here is a sample of the headers I use in Bug Reports.
24th Feb 1700hrs
Kstars Version 3.6.4 Beta - Build: 2023-02-24T04:02:53Z
Operating System: Kubuntu 22.04
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.7
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.92.0
Qt Version: 5.15.3
Kernel Version: 5.15.0-60-generic (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 31.3 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: llvmpipe

25th Feb 1700hrs
Kstars Version 3.6.4 Beta - Build: 2023-02-25T04:02:30Z
Operating System: Kubuntu 22.04
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.7
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.92.0
Qt Version: 5.15.3
Kernel Version: 5.15.0-60-generic (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 31.3 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: llvmpipe
Equipment is listed in the footer of my Forum submissions, as is yours on your pages.
Len North - 34 +117deg east + 8hrs
101 x 545mm Refractor and a 104 x 1624mm RC. QSI 683-wsg8 Mono, ASI1600 colour primary cameras.
2 x ASI120 guide cameras. Losmandy G11G + with 2 x Gemini ll Controllers,
Kstars Ver 3.6.3 + Kstars 3.6.X Nightly build + 2 x StellarMate V1.7.5 RPi 4B Servers.
I could not include any more info due to space allocated for the footer comments.
Begin forwarded message:

Thanks for sharing the logs. I downloaded them.

To debug this, I really need to know
what software you were running (looks like beta software—

Software has always been by package from Indilib.org, Jasem’s Page - Nightly Builds and (UnStable) Stable Builds
how did you get it?
Just entered the commands as printed under Ubuntu drop down menu
when?
Been using KStars since 16th Feb 2019, Picture Index 1320 and the first pic was Red, 300 sec exposure taken at T14:44:11.326.Zulu (Thats T02:44:11.326 local.)
did you compile it? what is the latest commit if you compiled it),
I have always just followed the instructions as printed on Indilib.org - GET INDI > UBUNTU > STABLE RELEASE or NIGHTLY BUILD.
What the problem is (no SNR? exactly how are you guiding, …)
I have not been using SEP MultiStar guiding recently because since our clear skies returned in December, single star guiding is the only method still functional.
Please let me know a specific time in a specific log file that the problem occurred.
I just stumbled upon it and reported it on the Forum for Information. It was also from the forum that I was asked to consider building from source.

I saw a few occasions where log files overlapped—I wouldn’t recommend running two instances of KStars at the same time, at least as long as you are debugging this.

Your recommendations for one system at a time are noted and will be ignored. One system is doing imaging with KStars ver 3.5.7 on an iMac because it still works and the other is running tests on Nightly Builds that don’t improve.

Thank you for assisting me.
Len
1 year 2 months ago #90929

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds