INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Add additional fields to FITS header

• Thank you received: 1
I would like to add environmental data, etc. to the FITS headers for every image taken. I've been looking at using the post capture script. If I could somehow extract the file path of the image, then I could use FV to update the headers. Any ideas? Or are there other methods to do this?
1 year 2 weeks ago #92051

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

In INDI v2.0.1, we added a property to arbitrary add FITS header. It's Text property FITS_HEADER with elements KEYWORD_NAME, KEYWORD_VALUE, and KEYWORD_COMMENT so you can can add all sorts of FITS headers to the file just by setting this property.

For post capture script, we discussed before that we need to send job information as an argument to the script so that all sort of different job metadata can be extracted (if needed) by the script. But thus far, this was not implemented in Ekos.
1 year 2 weeks ago #92058

Thx Jasem!

Would I set the text properties in the pre-capture script and not need to know the file path (eg, these would be saved by the capture program)? Would that work in the post capture script or is the image already save by then?
1 year 2 weeks ago #92070

Good question Sifan! These would work only in the pre capture script and not afterwards.
1 year 2 weeks ago #92074

Thx Jasem. BTW, just a note to say how much I (we) appreciate all you do !!
1 year 2 weeks ago #92077

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds