INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

"Captures" in Windows EKOS Scheduler does not count up.

• Thank you received: 11

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I have just confirmed my guess in a simulator-driven test.

Indeed, the problem is that gain and offset, when not manually specified in the text fields, are not written into the sequence file.
And when the sequence file is loaded/reloaded in the Capture module, that is what causing it to not see the files already on the disk.

The test is simple: just start the scheduler with some sequence that has %G and %O in its file names and keep both gain and offset as "--".
After a few captures are done, just stop the Scheduler job. And then start it again.
It will cause the Capture module to reload the sequence and show 0 for capture count.

Now stop everything, edit the sequence to explicitly specify gain and offset (override the "--" with numbers), save the sequence.
Start the Scheduler with the updated sequence again, and the capture count will be correct in both places (all three, including the Setup tab).

This should be an easy fix.
5 months 1 week ago #97515

• Thank you received: 370
Kyrill, this placeholder matching drives me crazy!

Thanks for your report, I'll take a look into it.

- Wolfgang
5 months 1 week ago #97524

• Thank you received: 2
Wolfgang,

Is there some documentation as to the meaning of the placeholders? I've deciphered many of them; was able to deduce that %B represents binning.

Thanks,
Bob
5 months 1 week ago #97527

Move the mouse over the Format field and you will get a popup showing all placeholders.
5 months 1 week ago #97529

• Thank you received: 2
Thank you. Like, duh, all I had to do was move the mouse a little to the left and there was key.

Bob
5 months 1 week ago #97533

Kyrill,
I've created MR!1072 that should fix the counting issue you reported for light frames.

Regarding the counting problem with flats: could you please be more specific, I could not reproduce it (or the new change fixes it as well).

Are you able to test it directly by compiling from sources?

- Wolfgang
5 months 1 week ago #97553

Hi Wolfgang, I was finally able to download a fresh nightly build and I confirm that the issue indeed looks solved.

With %T_%F_%e_Gain_%G_Offset_%O_Temp_%C file name template:

In 3.6.8 stable the counts were done correctly in both Scheduler and Capture module only when
- Force temperature checkbox was checked
- Both gain and offset values were specified explicitly in the text fields

In the last nightly build neither of these seem required. So without checking force temperature and without overriding gain or offset, the counts look good in all 3 places (Scheduler, Capture, Setup).

Importantly, when the schedule job is aborted midway (in the test I manually clicked the stop button) and then restarted, the capture counts resume where left off, so everything is as I expect it to work.

Thank you once again!

Regarding my report of flats not being counted when lights are, I will need to get back to that as I did not make a record of when exactly that happened.
Will pay attention during my next session and let you know.

Update. I have just had a non-simulated session and I again confirm the fixes worked well. When the clouds rolled in, the scheduler was restarting the job and the counts did not reset in any of the modules.
Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Kirill.
5 months 1 week ago #97595

Time to create page: 0.751 seconds