INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Auto Guiding Issues with newest version

• Thank you received: 11
Hi folks,

I lost a night of imaging due to an error I was unable to resolve with auto-guiding. It would start autoguiding and I was using multi-star as the algo. It seems to be working OK, but the RMS was high than I liked due to the polar alignment routine not working. I was imaging at ~280mm FL so guiding of ~5 RMS was what I was getting.

ERROR was reading something like this -> "...unable to start job due to guiding being above 4arc seconds..."

#1 - I looked everywhere trying to find where this threshold setting is located with no luck. Can someone tell me where this setting is located so it can be changed?

#2 - I thought the above might be a calibration issue so I cleared that. The next auto-guiding attempt failed with an error around "...failed after 21 attempts..." Focus on the guide cam seemed good enough, no issues with the mount being controlled by EKOS as I plate solved and was tracking the object I was trying to image. Why is this also now an issue does anyone know?

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Craig
8 months 2 weeks ago #94671

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 25
It's in the capture module, under limits

The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
8 months 2 weeks ago #94676
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 11
Thank you SO much for the quick response Chris, that's exactly what I was missing. I'm pretty rusty after not imaging for a while and think I checked everywhere but that properties window dang it.
8 months 2 weeks ago #94682

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds