INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Flat Calibration Not Working in 3.7.0

• Thank you received: 30
I tried 3.7.0 for the first time last night and things worked well for my overnight imaging. This morning however I could not get the flats to auto calibrate. EKOS just started taking 1 second frames and labeled them as Flat. 1 second flats are completely over exposed and not usable. I tried exiting and restarting 3.7.0 with the same result. I had kept 3.6.9 on my computer and, with the same settings as used on 3.7.0, it worked just fine.

I'm running KSTARS/EKOS on MacOS and controlling things at the mount via a RPi running Stellarmate OS (Which I had also upgraded to the latest version). Since changing the version I was using on the Mac, I'm assuming it's something to do with the client side of things.

I've attached the log file for one of the failed 3.7.0 Flat runs.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_07-43-06.txt
File Size:110 KB
3 weeks 4 days ago #100135
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I just tested and it worked fine. Did you double check calibration settings? the ADU is correctly set?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frederick Ruegsegger
3 weeks 4 days ago #100137

• Thank you received: 30
Jasem,

Thanks for getting back to me. You were right (and I should have checked) and the calibration settings were set back to their default. This is the first time I remember these resetting with a software version change so I didn't think to check. Aren't these kind of user settings maintained in a configuration file that persists across software versions?

Thanks again,
Fred
3 weeks 4 days ago #100142

Because we finally moved *all* modules to the new settings system. Previously, it was done for all modules except Capture, and with 3.7.0 capture is now covered. You'll note that everything is now immediately saved per-train.
Last edit: 3 weeks 3 days ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
3 weeks 3 days ago #100164

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds