INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SOLVED: Segmentation Fault on self-compiled KStars and INDI

• Thank you received: 420
Hi,

This morning I cloned the INDI code from github and compiled it on Debian Stretch following the instructions here

github.com/indilib/indi

I should point out that I compiled all 3rd party drivers. Then I also cloned the KStars code from github and compiled KStars following the instructions here

techbase.kde.org/Projects/Edu/KStars/Building_KStars_KF5

Both compilations finish perfectly well. INDI reports that all drivers are present, KStars reports that it can find the INDI development libraries. Great!

However, when I start Ekos and use the Simulators profile, KStars crashes with a segmentation fault. See the attached log, which I obtained by running KStars from the command line. Do the warnings about the missing QtQuick modules mean that I need to install more libraries? If yes, which one(s)?

Thanks, Wouter
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
5 years 10 months ago #26894
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You're missing some QML dependencies. Try to install everything in the build & build-depends here: github.com/indilib/indi/blob/master/debian/kstars/control
sudo apt-get install qml-module-qtquick-controls
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
5 years 10 months ago #26899

• Thank you received: 420
Thanks very much, Jasem. I recompiled INDI and KStars and all is working fine now.

If you like I can put together an installation guide for Raspbian so you can put it on the INDI website.
5 years 10 months ago #26907

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds