INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Park mount after failed meridian flip and hangup during imaging sequence

• Thank you received: 182
It does not happen often, but when it does, it is distressing: The scheduler is humming along, everything is working great, but then the meridian flip fails.
At that point, Ekos gives up, but unfortunately, the mount doesn't. It continues to track until it wraps the telescope around the pier or the tripod legs.

That happened to me again the other night. I wonder whether it would be possible to instruct the mount to park itself, if 2 retries at the meridian flip fail, and then restart the imaging schedule from there.

Another idiosyncracy: When I image a sequence manually including guiding, but then want to stop that sequence and start the scheduler for the rest of the night, the scheduler starts fine, will command focus, plate solve and align, but then it will hang when it is supposed to start the imaging sequence again. All it says is "Waiting".....

There is no way to get out of this without restarting Ekos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Jose Corazon.
5 years 3 months ago #34224

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
Thanks for reporting!
@sterne-jaeger is reworking the meridian flip section, let's wait for the outcome.
About the sequence restart issue, is Scheduler waiting for guiding to restart? Or really waiting for capture to restart?

-Eric
5 years 3 months ago #34242

It seems to start guiding fine. It is just at the stage where now the exposure sequence should start again that it hangs and waits forever.
Log from the last session is attached. I think the problem happened around 21.13 pm, that's about the right time and that's what it looks like to me when I am looking at the logs.

www.dropbox.com/sh/1o1gskcz5vu3b15/AAAIW...q9JIz7_aQa4FgAa?dl=0

Thanks for looking into this guys!

Jo
5 years 3 months ago #34256

Eric, I retested this the other night. The problem only manifests itself if I image my target manually, i.e. not using the scheduler, before astronomical twilight allows the scheduler to become active (if twilight box is set), AND I then stop the exposure sequence before activating the scheduler. In that case, exposures will not restart and the scheduler will continue to hang at the exposure "Waiting" step.

If I select another exposure sequence from my list of .esq files, i.e. purge the aborted sequence, and then start the scheduler, it will proceed just fine.

It seems that the previous aborted sequence continues to hang around somewhere in memory and needs to be reset.

Small idiosyncracy one can live with, now that I know what to look out for.

Cheers

Jo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
5 years 3 months ago #34405

• Thank you received: 301
Thanks. So the issue seems to occur when the scheduler attempts to execute the same sequence file as is already loaded in the capture tab, correct?

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
5 years 3 months ago #34469

That is correct. But I believe that is the case only if that file had been partially executed and then stopped. Once I purged it by pulling up another .esq file and the reloaded the first one, it was no longer causing a problem, even if loaded in the capture tab.
5 years 3 months ago #34470

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds