INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY Driver crashes on latest release of KStars/Ekos

• Thank you received: 0
Still doesn’t work for me either. I did another update to the latest Indi library using the commands
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install indi-full gsc
The system no longer crashes but after I press connect on the QHY5 control panel I get a yellow light, not green. Also when I go to the Guiding tab the QHY5 is not available as a guider.
I also get a nagging message that the QHY5 Ii LM driver has crashed. I know I am using the latest Indi driver release because my Altair Hypercam 183 M now works. How frustrating, i waited months for my main imaging camera to work, but when it started working the guide camera quit.
Lou
5 years 1 month ago #36041

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just to elaborate I am using a Linux desktop not a Stellarmate. If the QHY 5 problem was fixed on Stellarmate it is not fixed on acLinux desktop.
Lou
5 years 1 month ago #36042

This is most likely a build issue as the camera works fine here. Tomorrow a new build would be out for the QHY driver.
5 years 1 month ago #36043

• Thank you received: 565
Thanks very much Jasem.
I'll test tomorrow.
Do you mean that I should check for a standard release tomorrow, or is it just the nightly build?
5 years 1 month ago #36044

So we should be using the nightly builds?
Lou
5 years 1 month ago #36050

FWIW, when I was testing those crashes yesterday, I tested on both the Feb27 3.1 release and the nightly build and it crashed for both. I expect you'll find the same, until this next build Jasem is speaking about.
5 years 1 month ago #36054

I tried to run with the new build that was supposed to come out today, but couldn't find it.
Just verifying that it's not ready yet.

I tried:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
but no new version of kstars, etc. Still 2/27 3.1 release.
I tried the indinightly, and did get Build: 2019-03-07T12:48:11Z but that also crashed on startup.
This is what qhy versions I seem to be running, it's the same in the standard nightly release:
Selected version '2.1~201901131630~ubuntu18.04.1' (INDI Stable Builds:18.04/bionic [amd64]) for 'indi-qhy'

Both the standard release (which was the same as last time, and the new nightly crash right away.

As a reminder, I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 on an Intel Stick (Atom CPU).

Hy
5 years 1 month ago #36142

is that 32bit or 64bit??
5 years 1 month ago #36148

5 years 1 month ago #36149

For what it's worth, tonight I tried compiling indi-1.7.6 from source on the stick to see if that would work.
I got it all to compile, and kstars/ekos/indi and my asi-1600 camera ran, but indi_qhy_ccd continued to crash.
5 years 1 month ago #36150

I tested my QHY5IIL-M yesterday with the nightly build and the stable build. Just a reminder I am using a Linux Mint desktop running the latest updates. In both cases the QHY driver crashed.
Lou
5 years 1 month ago #36396

I recently noticed that Kstars 3.1.1 was released (saw it on the Stellarmate Facebook page, something I don't normally check out, but Google happened to point me there). I upgraded the software on my Intel Stick / Ubuntu 18.04 machine to the lastest Kstars/Ekos/Indi releases, and, voila -- the QHY driver no longer crashes on startup!

Thanks Jasem! I most likely won't have the chance to fully test for a couple days, but this is a big improvement.
5 years 1 month ago #36630

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds