INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos on Mac OS X ?

• Thank you received: 223

Replied by Gonzothegreat on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Should we have a "check script updates" build-in the script?
As in every time you run it, it does a check first and update itself if necessary.

source
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Gonzothegreat.
7 years 5 months ago #12315
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 819

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

I am glad it helped! The error message you posted is one I put in there for when it tries to edit the astrometry.net config file located in the app bundle at /contents/macos/astrometry/bin. The edit is to put in your correct path to the astrometry index files as we had discussed previously. This error means it either could not open the file or it could not read the file. Please check to see that the config file (astrometry.cfg) is in your astrometry folder in the app bundle.
7 years 5 months ago #12316

I was running Jamie's script with the cmake version he recently added to see how that works. One issue that I found was that I could not install both the cmake version and the emerge version at the same time on the same computer because both want to put the build files in the same directory. Is there a way we could make these two methods of installation independent?
7 years 5 months ago #12318

I guess I should probably explain my reason. I would like an easy way to get set up for editing kstars code in QTCreator. The emerge version has so many subfolders, trying to make heads or tails of the correct directory you need for a qt creator project is nearly impossible. With the method we had used before emerge, it was a piece of cake because all you had to do was find the kstars directory you made when you downloaded from the git and the build directory that you made when you ran cmake. What I have been doing is using the old method with cmake to set up a development version of kstars where all I have to redo every time there is a kstars update is the very last steps of pulling from the git and rebuilding kstars. And every now and then, I have had to redo the step of exporting variables, running cmake again, and then rebuilding kstars.

The emerge version is awesome because it automates most of the process to get us set up for making the dmg and it does a really good job at installing dependencies. But we need a good way to get set up to develop for Kstars too. It is nice to have two independent versions so that you can develop kstars code in one place and test the automated creating of the dmg in another. I tried to use your cmake version of the script and it put it in the same place as the emerge version which will not work out.
7 years 5 months ago #12319

I just ran the emerge version of Jamie's script and found that the astrometry folder copying is still disabled. That would certainly explain why you got that error about astrometry.cfg earlier. The file doesn't exist
7 years 5 months ago #12320
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by Jamie Smith on topic Ekos on Mac OS X ?

Both of those are great ideas - I went ahead and separated them so you can do either. I also updated it so it will check git first and exit if out of date (which can be overridden with a -f)

To where should I copy the astrometry stuff?

the script had /Applications/KDE/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS/astrometry/ commented out - is that the right place?
7 years 5 months ago #12327

Yes sir that is correct. And as you will recall, the bin and lib folders at least need to be copied in there and the astrometry.cfg file needs to end up in the bin folder. You also should recall our discussion about preserving the symbolic links using -R instead of -r. That is important so astrometry doesn't break. I think you had commented it out because you guys were looking into getting the app properly deployed as a dmg and tracking down errors. I think you were also looking into astrometry's requirements of python and pyfits.
7 years 5 months ago #12328

NOTE- there was a bug in the script that I just fixed about making the dir in the cmake build
7 years 5 months ago #12329

Gotcha - should be out there now, too

Let me know if anything goes wrong
7 years 5 months ago #12330

Ok, I will rerun the script
7 years 5 months ago #12331

A couple of minor things:

announce "Tarring up kstars" on line 623 should be announce "Tarring up k stars"
announce "Cannot find kstarts data" on line 575 should be announce "Cannot find k stars data"
7 years 5 months ago #12332

Two minor errors at the end in building the dmg:

# Building DMG
############################################################
WARNING: Plugin "libqsqlodbc.dylib" uses private API and is not Mac App store compliant.
WARNING: Plugin "libqsqlpsql.dylib" uses private API and is not Mac App store compliant.
ERROR: no file at "/opt/local/lib/mysql55/mysql/libmysqlclient.18.dylib"
ERROR: no file at "/usr/local/lib/libpq.5.dylib"
7 years 5 months ago #12334
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds