Hi Jamie, could you also take a look at building the other 3rd party drivers? We are not building many of them and there are more available that we could build. We are already doing gphoto, eqmod, cloudwatcher, spectracyber, maxdomeII and sx. Three that I am particularly interested in are the ZWO/ASI, the SBIG, and the DSI. I started trying to modify the code to make them work, but I was having trouble. You will find my lines of code in the script commented out. Please take a look at your convenience. Thanks!
Oh also, Jasem pushed a change that added Kf5NotificationConfiguration to KStars and it caused a build error. He will have to make another change that I don't know to make the emerge version work properly with this new dependency. But I did manage to fix the cmake build by just adding that to the brew installs. I pushed it to the script.
Jamie, I tried to delete the other branch, but cannot find the option. can you do it?
But there is more good news about the startup wizard. I figured out what I was doing wrong on the installers for netpbm, pip, and pyfits. I have a working dmg with those functional (but relying on home-brew being installed, if it is not, I give the user a link to how to install it)
I also fixed the OK button being enabled when it shouldn't be enabled problem, but haven't sent the change to Jasem yet.
Next I will add an installer button for gsc. data. Should be nice.
Ok, I got the gsc data installer working! i sent it to Jasem, and if all checks out, I will build a new dmg for you guys to test tomorrow afternoon/evening. Get ready for it! It should be able to install everything but homebrew internally.
oops, one mistake, I used wget for the gsc downloader. It now occurs to me that wget is not installed by default. I think I will switch to curl. hindsight is 20-20, sorry, will get that new dmg to you guys tomorrow then.
The topic has been locked.
3 years 11 months ago
3 years 11 months ago by rlancaste.
If you can, it would be nice if you could delete (or rename) your data directory at least briefly to test my startup wizard. Also, if you can see if some of these installers work, that would be great!
Please let me know about any issues.
A fully working GSC installer!!
The disabling of the OK button in the Wizard before the data directory is made.
Possibly working installers for python, pip, pyfits, and netpbm (I keep having trouble with these, but I think its better now)
An improved Focus Module.
Acknowledgements for Jamie and Stephane for their contributions to the OS X port.
Better zooming with the Mac trackpad pinch gesture in Fits Views. (I slowed it down a lot, it was WAY too fast/responsive)
The beginnings of a floating toolbar in embedded FitsViews on the Focus and Guide Modules
Live Video in the Capture Module (for supported cameras)
Disabled the JupiterMoonTool (sad, but it didn't work)
And other things. . .
I have just downloaded and had a quick 10 minute test before heavy rain started to fall :-/
From what I could see, apart from the autofocus issue that I have already reported in the forum, the new Live Video function is not working with my 450D.I don't know if it should work with DSLRs but mine does not. I crashes Kstars as soon as I use it and I have to disconnect the camera and restart INDI server
before I can connect again or it crashes as soon as I connect to INDI Server.
According to the log I get this: "2017-01-27T19:15:23.911 - WARN - QImage::scaled: Image is a null image"
Everything else seems ok, and new features (GSC & Installers) work fine
I didn't have much time to test. Will make another run as possible.
EDIT: Just rebooted to linux and tested live preview, it starts capturing some images and after some seconds it crashes too, so not an exclusive of
(PT) SC@ROS Observatory
TS 6" F4 Newtonian / Canon 550D / GPU CC / Datyson T7M / Arduino Moonlite DC Clone- HEQ5 Pro
Explore Scientific 80APO - 120ST / G2-8300FW5 / ES FF 2" / ASI120MM - Arduino Moonlite DC Clone - Vixen GPD2 www.flickr.com/photos/139335144@N03/
Yeah the live video function is brand new. Jasem was working on that. It crashes with my asi after about 10s of video streaming if I use the asi remotely trying to stream video to my mac, but not if I try to run the live video from the asi to kstars running on the pi itself. So I think at least my crash might be a network speed issue.
It is a network speed issue. What happen is that remote INDI server is generating more frames than it can transmit over the network leading to congestion.. when this congestion to the client reaches the now-default value of 128MB, the server terminates. One way to deal with this is to use the "Rate Divisor" property in streaming which was designed for this purpose. Set it to 5 or 10 to "slow" down the generation of frames. Currently, there is no way in INDI to know if we're lagging behind frames, but I'll try to figure out a solution.