INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler: ""approaching astronomical twilight rise limit" around midnight?

• Thank you received: 94
Hi. JTOL:
Is the clock running and updating at say 1s intervals?
kstars - time -stop clock (toggle)
Cheers,
Steve
3 years 11 months ago #53521

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 138
What I think I'm saying is that at some point there will be no astronomical night. The sun will never be low enough. It looks as if it happened for Magnus and it will happen for me in the UK on the 22nd May. Well that's astronomical twilight in CdC, for KStars it seems already to have happened on one system but not on another.

When there night there are two events when the sun is low enough for it to be night, one fr the evening and one for the morning and the times of these events can be used with the dusk and dawn offsets to define when observing is allowed.

But when the sun doesn't go low enough there will be no dusk and dawn events so no times for the dusk and dawn offsets to be offset from.

What I'm suggesting is that the limit of how far the sun is below the horizon can be user dadjustable. AIUI astronomical dark is defined as when the sun is more than 18 degrees below the horizon, that's pretty stringent. Changing that limit woud relax the requirement that it is dark in a way that matches what is going on in a way that is related to what mostly comntrols how dark it is.
3 years 11 months ago #53528

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds