INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

FOV dropdown menu opens on wrong screen... QT issue?

• Thank you received: 133
Hi,

I'm running a dual monitor setup, with my laptop and an additional screen connected to the dock (both same resolution). I usually have KStars and its windows running on the separate monitor.
Since the latest version of KStars (git version 96a8ae0cc), when clicking on the 'FOV symbol' button in the toolbar, the menu with the defined FOVs opens on the laptop screen instead of below the icon :huh: I wonder if anything has changed on KStars side (probably not - the last version before was from May 27, and didn't show that issue).

What has changed is that the latest update of my system (openSUSE Tumbleweed) brought QT 5.15. So I wonder if that is a bug in QT, or if there are some changes in the API.
I installed the previous package, that had been built against QT 5.14, and that now also does the same thing, opening the dropdowns on the other screen...

It affects both the FOV symbols and the HiPS menus. They do open in the correct distance from screen top, but attached to the right side of my laptop screen (the additional monitor is configured to be right of the laptop screen). So it looks like the X coordinate is clipped to the size of the main screen....

Does someone else have QT 5.15 and a dual monitor setup to verify/confirm this?
3 years 11 months ago #55290

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
Yes, you'll have to wait for a Bugfix release it seems.

bugreports.qt.io/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/QTBUG-84462

Edit: linked potential corrective patch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Peter Sütterlin
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Eric.
3 years 11 months ago #55312

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds