INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars 3.5.0 Beta for Windows

What's the pixel size? It's in INDI Control Panel --> Image Info. Also double check the primary scope focal length is indeed set to 842
3 years 5 months ago #62490

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Kevin on topic KStars 3.5.0 Beta for Windows

Focal length is correct under control panel/telescope/options. Pixel size is empty under the align tab. It’s set to 2.4 under image info. I seem to recall that it was 1.? When it solved. It’s daytime now so I can’t try anything. When I blind solve it does not add the pix size in the align tab.
3 years 5 months ago #62491

• Thank you received: 420
During day time you can solve by using a FITS image taken with the same telescope and camera.
3 years 5 months ago #62498

Is this the Load and Slew blind solve option? I have tried this. If not how is this done? Load and slew only works with JPEG’s... not sure if this has changed in the beta.
3 years 5 months ago #62499

• Thank you received: 812

I'm not sure what you mean by this? If you are referring to Load and Slew prior to 3.5.0, then yes it absolutely has changed with the addition of StellarSolver. It no longer has to be a blind solve and can open just about any image on your computer and solve it with StellarSolver. This includes JPEG, FITS, RAW, PNG, etc etc. StellarSolver can solve blindly in parallel threads and find the solution in just a few seconds on most (decent) computers (not to put down Raspberry Pis...). Or if the image is a FITS image and has position and scale information inside, it will attempt to do an informed solve and usually get the solution in much less time.

If you want to perform a blind solve whether it is using the "load and slew" option or just taking an image with the camera or simulator, you can always uncheck the "use position" and "use scale" checkboxes in the StellarSolver/Align options and it will effectively be a blind solve.
3 years 5 months ago #62501

This makes sense now. On the previous page you mentioned JPEG, but I missed the part that it doesn’t contain any position or scale information. And that by deselecting the options it would work with other image files like fits. I though I had to convert to jpg to do blind, which now seems silly.

This has been a little bit of a distraction on my main issue. Which is the field of view calculation on the align tab. This is being calculated incorrectly for some reason. I’m using the windows client. It reads 406x269 where the image scale under options reads 36x54. Should the image scale and field of view be the same number? I know that it’s way off at 406x269 and it messed up plate solving.
3 years 5 months ago #62502

Yes they should be the same number. One possibility is that one time it solved and then set that value as the "effective" FOV. If you create a new profile with the same camera + scope, do you still have this?
3 years 5 months ago #62515

I had tried to create a new telescope profile before. That didn’t work. But when I created a new EKOS profile with Camera and scope that seems to have fixed it. Thanks!
3 years 5 months ago #62523

I know you guys have been busy working on multiple things. Mac version, Windows version…

I had to uninstall the Windows version of the beta. Once I started using it under dark skies, the solving was just not working. I tried just about everything under the options. I was able to do some solving using my guide scope and camera. But even it was not 100%. Once I move back to the stable 3.4.3 version my solving was back to normal.

Has there been any updates on the windows client? I’d like to start using it again if there has been some fixes? I was really enjoying the SEP star size feature for focusing.
3 years 5 months ago #62865

It's crashing for me now, so I'm working on solving that.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
3 years 5 months ago #62866

I did have some issues with crashes. But my main problem was plate solving. Initially I had some challenges with FOV being incorrect. But that seem to get resolved. I created a new profile, and the info under align, FOV was correct. The simulators worked with no issues at all and we’re lightning fast. But I was waiting for 400 seconds with my main scope and camera then it would either fail or I would have to manually stop the solve.
3 years 5 months ago #62868

Time to create page: 2.464 seconds