INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

kstars install / build on banana pi Ubuntu Mate 16.04 just don't work

• Thank you received: 0
I am trying to use a banana pi (bcause of the small footprint ) for the typical astro setup but kstars is challenging hard. Hope anyone can helpo me out, if not Jasem.
The setup basics:
- banana pi zero --> requires packages for armhf
- Ubuntu Mate 16.04 latest upgrade, kernel 3.4.x --> couldnt find any newer sdimage, dont feel capable of putting one together
- did install ppa from lounchpad (mutlaqja) indi, webindi, phd2
- so this all with asi120MC is running fine
- could install ubuntu xenial kstars package, however this is terribly old (2015)

But cannot install kstars-bleeding, package cannot be found and looking on the server, it is just not available on the lounchpad for my system ;-( sadly
So went on to get kstars latest from GIT, however I ran into missing libstellarsolver, same thing not available for my arch/distro version ;-( more sadly
So finally got the stellarsolver sources from rlancaste, however the build dies with errors. Almost going crazy as to tweak souce code is somewhat to hot for me.

A solution for just one of the issues would make things going. Any help is appreciated a lot.
3 years 4 months ago #64604

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please use Ubuntu 18.04 or better yet 20.04 if you can. 16.04 packages are not getting built completely and I think they will be dropped completely soon.
3 years 4 months ago #64621

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds