INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Esatto focuser temperature not updating

• Thank you received: 3
I have noticed the same behaviour with 2 different focusers (an Esatto2 and an Esatto3), with of course 2 different temperature sensors. Not only I see the defect with Kstars, but also with CCDCiel . The motor temperature is updated on a regular basis, while the outside temperature is stuck to its initial value.
I would tend to think the Indi driver is the culprit.

Dahu
6 months 2 weeks ago #96305

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 18
This independent observation seems to confirm a driver problem. I will post a bug report on GitHub.

github.com/indilib/indi/issues/1951
Last edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Thomas Mason.
6 months 2 weeks ago #96320

• Thank you received: 281
Looks like Jasem committed a fix for the driver so if your able to take bleeding-edge changes you should be able to try it out.
6 months 2 weeks ago #96333

Updated driver doesn't fix it. Now getting a serial write error

2023-10-10T14:22:21: [ERROR] Serial write error: Timeout error

File Attachment:

File Name: log_08-12-09.txt
File Size:136 KB
6 months 2 weeks ago #96338
Attachments:

Let us know how it goes.
6 months 2 weeks ago #96355

• Thank you received: 23
I can confirm the same problem.
The initial temperature will be displayed, but after that there will be no more updates and the dT will remain 0.

EKOS:

INDI:

Last edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Fitchie.
6 months 2 weeks ago #96382
Attachments:

This happens also with 3.6.6 and MyFocuser 2 or other source like PlayerOne o WeatherRadio. I think that is not a problem related to the driver but of the Focus module
6 months 2 weeks ago #96386

The serial write error is not reproducible and I have seen the temperature update with the newly modified driver from GitHub. I am now on business travel so can’t do comprehensive testing to confirm it is well and truly fixed but will do so on my return. My other system has a Nitecrawler focuser and the temperature does update there so it isn’t a common issue across different devices although it could be in other drivers I suppose.
6 months 2 weeks ago #96389

There are few things here:

1. Thomas had/has a problem with his Esatto. Jasem pushed a fix which initially appeared to have a problem but on retrying appeared to work. The initially reported problem looks to be fixed but there may/may not be a serial write issue - Thomas will do more testing when he has time.

2. Fitchie, are you on the latest version of the Esatto driver (it was fixed a couple of days ago). If not, can you try that please. If its still a problem please post a log with verbose Indi, focus driver and focus ticked.

3. Alessandro, since you have a MyFocuser2 if you are not getting temperature updates then this is likely a separate issue so can you please post a log with verbose Indi, focus driver and focus set.

Thanks all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dahu, Thomas Mason
6 months 2 weeks ago #96395

• Thank you received: 3
Just re-compiled a fresh indilib, and ran a test against an Esatto3 focuser, using CCDCiel as the Indi client : on my side, the external temperature sensor issue is fixed, as the temperature is updated every 5 or 6 seconds.
Thanks to the developper(s).

Dahu
The following user(s) said Thank You: John
6 months 2 weeks ago #96402

@John

Fitchie, are you on the latest version of the Esatto driver (it was fixed a couple of days ago). If not, can you try that please. If it's still a problem please post a log with verbose Indi, focus driver and focus ticked.

No, I didn't but do now. B)
Temperature is updated each 5 seconds.

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: John
6 months 1 week ago #96549

The serial write issue has never reoccurred but I am having issues with temperature update. I am running the latest Esatto firmware (3.5.13) and kstars 3.6.7 with the driver updated from git. The temperature seems to update sporadically and goes long periods without updating despite varying outdoor temperature.
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Thomas Mason.
5 months 3 weeks ago #96936

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds