INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Cant see image on Rotator button in Capture module Kstars 3.6.5

• Thank you received: 34
Hi,

I have upgraded to Kstars 3.6.5 and cant see the image of the rotator on the button in the Capture module. I mean the button has a blank face but when I click it the Rotator window does open up. I have tried this both on the Macbook Pro and Linux Mint.
Anyone else seen this?
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
11 months 4 days ago #93417

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 158
Sorry I didn't answer before. I am using MacOSX version 3.6.6 beta and the icon art is there on the Rotation button.
11 months 19 hours ago #93466

• Thank you received: 158
Sorry I didn't answer before. I am using MacOSX version 3.6.6 beta and the icon art is there on the Rotation button.
11 months 19 hours ago #93467

I am using MacOS Monterey 12.6.6
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
11 months 12 hours ago #93478

• Thank you received: 74
With KStars 3.6.5 the icon was changed to a more intuitive one. With Ubuntu the icon for the rotator is in the "breeze-dark" theme suite. Could it be, you are missing this one?
Last edit: 11 months 6 hours ago by Toni Schriber.
11 months 6 hours ago #93482

@astromuni
You are using one of the bright style, aren't you? With this styles the icon "screen-rotate-auto-on" unfortunately is not present!! I will keep an eye on this. Meanwhile you can choose any other dark style to work with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroMuni
Last edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by Toni Schriber.
10 months 4 weeks ago #93487

I did a double check. If I use the Default Theme then rotator button doesnt show up. And this is both under MacOs & Linux.
EDIT: Thanks for the workaround Toni. I have changed to the night vision theme and button shows up.
Clear Skies,
Pramod

Last edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by AstroMuni.
10 months 3 weeks ago #93539

• Thank you received: 18
I have the same thing, kstars/ekos 3.6.5 on Ubuntu 22.04. No icon image on the rotator button.
10 months 3 weeks ago #93541

Ok, I found another similar icon which is present in both default themes of KStars ("breeze" and "breeze-dark"). I will send a PR to Jasem. I hope he can backport it to 3.6.5.
10 months 3 weeks ago #93546

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds