INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars 3.7 Mac M1 crashing due to INDI Canon driver.

• Thank you received: 3
Kstars 3.7Mac stable immediately crashes when Canon cam is triggered. There is no ISO or cam recognized in the camera module. Apparently due to corrupt or missing ccd-indi-driver according to error messages and found in the Mac INDI directory. errors screen captured and attached. I"ve postred about this before. Same problem was found in beta 3.7.8 version for months. Advice on how to correct this or update that corrects this needed asap or I'll be leaving Kstars behind.
Last edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by Ron M.
2 weeks 3 days ago #100270
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
I found the Mac OS directory which contains the INDI drivers (links?) probably copied from the beta version was 'bad' as could not read them in Mac terminal w/o getting a damaged error msg. from the Mac Os. I deleted the directory and reinstalled 3.7 stable. I then connected a Canon 6D and it seemed to work fine and I could 'trip' the shutter w/o crashing Kstars. But when i tested it out in my observatory tonite, hoping to test with mount and other componets connected I coud try some long exp. imaging, 3.7 connected and ran the mount 'normally' and INDI panel said it connected to my Canon M50 (mod.'d astro-cam)) it was not recognized byt the EKOS Cam module which only shows "Primary" in the upper panel where it should have the camera M50 name as it has for 2 yrs I've been using it. When I cliked the preview shot button 3.7 crashed immediately I tried a couple of other ways to turn on or reconnect after closing and restarting Kstars but go the same result every time. Something is very wrong between EKOS and INDI in 3.7. I'm pretty much done with this as have not been able to image for a couple months. And will be moving on to other software options for imaging and running my scope. I hope we'll see a fix and truly stable Kstars comes along someday.

update 4/15/24... In checking why my Canon 6D would connect and not crash Kstars 3.7, and my Canon M50 connects to INDI but not EKOs cam module. I went through the INDI panel settings for the M50 and found the WCS 'button' in disabled' position. I set it in Abled position and it then connected and shown in the EKOS Camera ops Module as connected to the M50. WCS has always been 'on' before in previous versions. No idea why that was disabled when I installed 3.7 which 'fixed' the INDI driver directory from the beta version, but the camera now seems to operate normally and does not crash Kstars 3.7. If it stays clear I may be able to fully test out tonite. For now, one more 'ghost in the machine' has been exorcised - I hope.
Last edit: 2 weeks 16 hours ago by Ron M.
2 weeks 1 day ago #100296

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds