INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Another Plate Solving Question

• Thank you received: 0
I am slowly learning how to use this marvelous software. I've managed to figure out how to correctly use most of the modules but the Alignment module is still giving me problems. I am using a Meade LX90 8" scope with a .66 reducer and a Meade DSI 2 pro camera for guiding and do my main imaging right now using a Atik 314L mono camera with a WO 66 scope.
In the alignment module I can arrive at solutions with the Meade DSI2 and the LX90 w/ reducer. This combination results in a small fov which often results in not arriving at a solution. I have tried using the Atik but that does not work right as I can't seem to find a way to get the program to recognize that I am using the Atik with the WO66, so it applies the 1320 mm FL of the LX90 reducer combo instead of the 388 mm fl of the WO66.
So the question is can someone tell me how to do this? I have tried setting up the program as shown on the attached screen saves but this does not work. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jon
7 years 6 months ago #10791
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 95

Replied by Oleg on topic Another Plate Solving Question

Your Solver: switched on Offline.
You can try Online mode.
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
7 years 6 months ago #10792
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 95

Replied by Oleg on topic Another Plate Solving Question

You can read the article Alignment Module .
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Oleg.
7 years 6 months ago #10793

Next to the FOV, please check the "OAGT" checkbox and it will use the focal length from your guide scope. I thought the tool tip was clear?
7 years 6 months ago #10796

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by jon on topic Another Plate Solving Question

Jasem:
The tool tip was clear and I did have the box checked as you suggest. But what I did not do was make sure the information under the control box tab was the same telescope and guider information shown under the telescope tab. I mistakenly thought that entering the information on the control box would transfer the same information to the appropriate boxes under the telescope tab. Apparently during my initial set-up I had entered the information wrong under the telescope tab..... After seeing the effect with the OAG checked and unchecked (no difference) I did some more checking and found that the guider information under the telescope tab was incorrect. I corrected my error and everything worked as it should. Thanks for the help. And thanks for making this program available for use. Its great!
Jon
7 years 6 months ago #10804

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds