INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Celestron driver micro-slew feature

• Thank you received: 76
Just wondering if anyone else is interested in this feature? If so (and if it makes sense), then I'm thinking of trying to add to the celestron-gps driver.
Here are the details of what I'm thinking...

Celestron driver micro-slew feature.
  1. If the target slew location is with in x arc min of the current position then do not send a slew command to the mount. Instead, send motion control commands to the mount until the mount reports it is within y arc-sec of the target.
  2. If the target slew location is further than x arc-min of the current position then issue the usual slew command to the mount.
  3. The option can be enabled/disabled in the driver, default to disabled.

For me, the biggest advantage is when using the alignment module in Ekos. After a plate solve my mount (CPC1100) gets a slew command from Ekos to correct the target position but it slews a few degrees away and comes back (mount default behaviour).
I think it would be much better if the driver could just issue motion control commands instead of a slew. It would save time when running a schedule with many targets.

Anyone else interested in this? Does it make sense? Any comments welcome.
Thanks.
Derek
7 years 6 months ago #12018

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Perhaps this would make more sense to implement in the INDI Nextar Evo driver? I'm not sure if that driver is applicable to your mount but please check it out.
7 years 6 months ago #12020

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds