INDI Library v1.7.6 Released. (27 Feb 2019)

First release of 2019 comes with quite a few new drivers across the board along with significant performance improvements to INDI camera and live streaming performance. Many drivers received significant updates to improve performance & stability, while a few were re-written from scratch to be in line with INDI standards. Here are some of the highlights:

DBus Error when downloading astrometry.net index files

• Thank you received: 2

DBus Error when downloading astrometry.net index files was created by CCCMC825

Hi,

I am having problems downloading the index files for local astrometry.net plate solving. After the download is complete, an error complaining about the backend of D-Bus (see the screenshot attached) popped up and then the index file remains unchecked (i.e. the file is downloaded but then the error prevented it from being added to KStars).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jon
4 months 3 weeks ago #32206
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 52

Replied by AstroNerd on topic DBus Error when downloading astrometry.net index files

I think the Astrometry.net site is down hence the error...
Stellarmate OS on Raspberry pi3b+ controlled with Kubuntu laptop
NEQ6 Pro, belt modded & tuned
Meade series 5000 80mm triplet Apo & Meade 8” SCT (de-forked)
Starlight Xpress SXVR H18, SXVR M25c, Lodestar Guide Camera
Pegasus Ultimate Hub for all USB & Power
Pegasus focus motors on both scopes
4 months 3 weeks ago #32219

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by CCCMC825 on topic DBus Error when downloading astrometry.net index files

Eventually I mitigated the problem by downloading the files manually from data.astrometry.net.

So, just for further reference if anyone encounters the same problem, here is the procedure to download the index files manually.

1. Use a FOV calculator (or ask Ekos to solve an image using ONLINE astrometry.net) to determine your FOV.

2. Once the FOV is determined, the automatic downloader in Ekos will tell you which index files are required and recommended for your setup.

3a. Go to data.astrometry.net/4100/ and data.astrometry.net/4200/ to download the required/recommended files. Make sure these are moved to /usr/share/astrometry (sudo may be required if doing this via command line). OR

3b. Visit www.stellarmate.com/support/ekos/align.html and download all the corresponding.deb files which are associated with the index files desired. After that, install them in one go with the following command:
sudo dpkg -i astrometry-data-*.deb

Cheers,
Jonathan
Last edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by CCCMC825.
4 months 3 weeks ago #32244

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds