INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Astrometry having a strange issue

• Thank you received: 158
I had to reinstall KSTARS - due to frequent crashes, and I dowloaded to the latest version. Now, when I use the Align tool it does something very strange ge that has never happened before. Perhaps someone here has seen this behavior. When I ask it to Capture Solve and Slew to Target, it will start out fine, but then as more images are brought in it solves them and then just makes tight circles outside the bullseye. It ends up failing and you can see that it moves the scope around in a tight circle but around 150 seconds away from center. I had set my accuracy to 3 arc seconds - and that has never been a problem before. Any ideas of what can cause this?
5 years 3 months ago #33971

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 66
Wow. Thats a pretty tight tolerance. I think the default is 30" which I use - typically get 5-15" - oops I mean that my tolerance for PA. But yes I've had a lot of trouble zeroing in but finally I discovered my mount was having pointing issues. I've since refurbished it - HEQ5 belt drive upgrade too :-D - but have not been out since then so I don't know if its cured or if there's a software issue. It seemed to happen when pointing high.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Greg.
5 years 3 months ago #33986

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds