INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Connection to INDI server at host stellarmate.local with port 7624 failed

• Thank you received: 1
Hi,
I have a problem connecting to my Stellarmate device from Windows 7 laptop PC.
Here is the story... I installed Stellarmate OS on RPi, installed KStars on Windows 7 desktop PC. I powered Stellarmate RPi, it created hotspot as expected, I connected to the hot spot from Windows 7 desktop PC, started Ecos, everything worked fine. I can also start StellarMate Web Manager by typing stellarmate.local:8624/ in Chrome from desktop PC. I can start VNC by typing stellarmate.local:6080/vnc.html. I can also connect to Stellarmate RPi with my iPad using Stellarmate app. No issues at all.

Then I tried to do exactly same things from my Windows 7 laptop. I can see and connect to the Stellarmate hotspot but this is it. Nothing else works. I cannot start StellarMate Web Manager. "DNS address could not be found" error. Cannot stars VNC too. Same error. Ecos returns error: "Connection to INDI server at host stellarmate.local with port 7624 failed"

I wonder if anyone has any idea how to solve the problem. I am about to seriously consider that whatever has Linux inside it is cursed in my home. In the last 10+ years my multiple attempts to force Linux computers to work properly never succeeded.

Igor
5 years 2 months ago #35545

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It's possible your laptop is not recognizing the stellarmate.local address.. if you us the IP address directly, i.e. http://10.250.250.1:8624, can you get to the StellarMate web manager?
5 years 2 months ago #35556

• Thank you received: 1
Well... it WORKED! VNC access works too now. I replaced letters with numbers in Ekos and got connected as well. I am quite positive I tried this trick a few days ago without any success, but I did a few changes in the laptop network settings since then.

Apparently, you lifted the curse. Problem solved, at least this one.

I greatly appreciate your help.
Igor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
5 years 2 months ago #35561

Time to create page: 1.212 seconds