INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

What's up tonight? what am I doing wrong? I think nothing.

• Thank you received: 53
So looking at whats up. (nebula). I do the wizard. I set DATE AND TIME 930pm to 2:00 am. I set min altitude of 45 (since I have high trees).
So I get a (ridiculous 82 items). I then start to highlight each to see it's trek in my night sky and - they are almost all below my search specs?

like they are all very much like this curve... SURELY this is not up in my settings of +45 degrees, from 9:30pm to 2:am. Because of this... this tool is worthless?

It says currently alt... 99 - 100 and that isn't the case during my time frame. That may be CURRENT as I'm looking for my sky tonight at 12:45 PM. However my specss "time frame" did not include (current alt - it included limited alt at 9pm - 2am.

AP Mach1 / CP4 APCC & PEMpro.
EXP SCI - ED152cf APO - Celestron 11" RASA - Stellarvue 80mm
Baader F2 HS NB filters, Lodestar X2 guide camera / OAG - ZWO 290mm mini
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro / ASI174M (solar) / ASI094MC
NEXDome, CLoudwatcher, AVX mount/ASIair and Stellarmate

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Ron Kramer.
4 years 11 months ago #38488
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MIN ALT filter of 45 degree... I still lists these? it appears to be ignoring my time restraints.

4 years 11 months ago #38489
Attachments:

SURELY a bug looking at current alt instead of defined time/alt. But 5 alt are also listed. So it's ignoring not only time but specified Alt.

4 years 11 months ago #38490
Attachments:

IIRC, I think this means that it lists any object that can[b/] be above 45 degrees in these hours. So while now it is not 45, it could be during the night.
4 years 11 months ago #38491

Nope, they won't be. ODDLY I set the time in kstars for tonight and it did the same. Those listed are not available in those filtered restrains at all during that date (and 24 hours).
I wonder if I set the computer clock. BRB

Nope - so "current time" did not affect it either. I even reduced time frame from 11pm to midnight and min alt of 50 and nearly the same amount of targets were listed...
and NONE are available to me during my specified hours.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred
4 years 11 months ago #38493

Thanks Ron! I'll start calling you Ron, the Bug Hunter :D

I checked out the code closely and found a couple of issues with the time (it was set to UTC when it was supposed to be LOCAL). I also introduced another parameter: coverage.

So now you specify how much coverage is acceptable. For example, if you specify 10:00 PM to 2:00 AM, and minimum altitude 45 degrees, then a coverage of 50% means that in 2 hours of the 4 hours, the object MUST be above 45 degrees.. and so on. If you specify 100%, then during all four hours, it must be above 45 degrees and so on.

The changes would be in the next nightly, please give it a go and tell us the results. Thanks for the great feedback, you're making KStars better!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Kramer
4 years 11 months ago #38500

Bug hunter I like that. looking forward to the fix - its an AWESOME part of the software suite if it works as it should. My target options are REALLY LIMITED this time of year (galaxy season we call it) and I was hoping it would tell me when/what is the next gaseous nebula to present itself. I think IRIS comes up where I might get it soon -and I'm really hoping to get a few subs between my tree's of the Rho Oph nebula. IC4604. I have my wide field ready as I've wanted that one for a long time. But it's still 1-2 months off it appears.

I think the current version (if working properly) already has daylight - night - daylight strip... with moon? and the elevation line presented. I can't recall. I have a iphone app called OBSERVER PRO which does this and is killer... must have. But I like the all in one solution of Kstars/Ekos. That would then let me kick it into my obsersvation list. It would also then be cool if the program would send me a POP UP / NOTICE? when run of targets in my observation list that are currently UP! that would be really cool (a reminder) you wanted to observe/image this... it's up until... X time/date etc.

4 years 11 months ago #38551

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds