INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroPi3 Scripts revised

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

I attempted to run the raspbian version of the script on the latest Raspberry OS (64bit Bullseye)
It appears several dependencies are broken for just about everything. It also broke networking.:(
10 months 3 days ago #93631

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm compiling the KStars nightly on Ubuntu Mate 22.04 64bit.
I had to correct some dependencies, ended up with this set:
sudo apt -y install breeze-icon-theme build-essential cmake extra-cmake-modules gettext git kinit-dev libavcodec-dev libavdevice-dev libboost-dev libboost-regex-dev libcfitsio-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev

sudo apt -y install libdc1394-dev libeigen3-dev libev-dev libfftw3-dev libftdi1-dev libftdi-dev libgphoto2-dev libgps-dev libgsl-dev libindi-dev libjpeg-dev libkf5crash-dev libkf5doctools-dev libkf5iconthemes-dev libkf5kio-dev

sudo apt -y install libkf5newstuff-dev libkf5notifications-dev libkf5notifyconfig-dev libkf5plotting-dev libkf5xmlgui-dev liblimesuite-dev libnova-dev libqt5datavisualization5-dev libqt5sql5-sqlite libqt5svg5-dev libqt5websockets5-dev

sudo apt -y install libraw-dev librtlsdr-dev libsecret-1-dev libtiff-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev pkg-config qml-module-qtquick-controls qml-module-qtquick-layouts qt5keychain-dev qtdeclarative5-dev wcslib-dev xplanet xplanet-images zlib1g-dev

Near the end, I encounter an error while compiling test_sequencejobstate
[ 99%] Building CXX object Tests/capture/CMakeFiles/test_sequencejobstate.dir/test_sequencejobstate.cpp.o
In file included from /usr/include/aarch64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore/qchar.h:43,
                 from /usr/include/aarch64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore/qstring.h:49,
                 from /usr/include/aarch64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore/QString:1,
                 from /home/pi/AstroRoot/kstars/kstars/indi/indicommon.h:9,
                 from /home/pi/AstroRoot/kstars/kstars/ekos/capture/sequencejobstate.h:9,
                 from /home/pi/AstroRoot/kstars/Tests/capture/test_sequencejobstate.h:11,
                 from /home/pi/AstroRoot/kstars/Tests/capture/test_sequencejobstate.cpp:9:
/usr/include/aarch64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore/qobject.h: In instantiation of ‘static QMetaObject::Connection QObject::connect(const typename QtPrivate::FunctionPointer<Func>::Object*, Func1, const typename QtPrivate::FunctionPointer<Func2>::Object*, Func2, Qt::ConnectionType) [with Func1 = void (Ekos::SequenceJobState::*)(double); Func2 = void (TestAdapter::*)(double*); typename QtPrivate::FunctionPointer<Func>::Object = Ekos::SequenceJobState; typename QtPrivate::FunctionPointer<Func2>::Object = TestAdapter]’:
/home/pi/AstroRoot/kstars/Tests/capture/test_sequencejobstate.cpp:41:12:   required from here
/usr/include/aarch64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore/qobject.h:255:9: error: static assertion failed: Signal and slot arguments are not compatible.
  255 |         Q_STATIC_ASSERT_X((QtPrivate::CheckCompatibleArguments<typename SignalType::Arguments, typename SlotType::Arguments>::value),
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/aarch64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore/qobject.h:255:9: note: ‘(((int)QtPrivate::CheckCompatibleArguments<QtPrivate::List<double>, QtPrivate::List<double*> >::value) != 0)’ evaluates to false
make[2]: *** [Tests/capture/CMakeFiles/test_sequencejobstate.dir/build.make:90: Tests/capture/CMakeFiles/test_sequencejobstate.dir/test_sequencejobstate.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:4328: Tests/capture/CMakeFiles/test_sequencejobstate.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:146: all] Error 2
10 months 2 days ago #93648

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Jean-Luc on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

Hello,
I sometimes fell too stupid reinventing the wheel.
Synchronizing time on the RPI does not need any extra external GPS module. Everyone owns a very accurate clock : one's mobile phone.
Just plug it to the RPI, set access point active to usb mode, wait a few seconds and the RPI clock is synchronized !
Sigh!
10 months 20 hours ago #93675

An RTC is more convenient.
10 months 17 hours ago #93680

Sure, but plugging the phone just the time the clock synchronizes is no pain and will make me happy if I am not able to use the external GPS module - or if it does not reach my mailbox.By the way, I still could not solve the offscreen disply problem, and this I find really annoying.
Here you can see what display with HDMI attached, and there with no display attached
1920x1080 vs (I guess) 1024x768, a very huge difference.:evil:
Last edit: 9 months 4 weeks ago by Jean-Luc.
9 months 4 weeks ago #93693
Attachments:

Comment out the following line to avoid that display issue in the boot config.txt file
dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d
to
#dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d

If you don't want to disable that, then understand that it is related to VNC itself. Editing a VNC configuration file with -geometry 1920x1080 might also work. I have not tested this myself.
But even at the lower resolution, for some reason the renderer is particularly slow with headless VNC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jean-Luc
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Andrew.
9 months 4 weeks ago #93694

This works !
I must have missed this.
And, yes, remotely controlling it from VNC is very slow. I wish I could install kstars on android, but I read everywhere it is not possible.
Many thanks.
9 months 4 weeks ago #93698

Hello,
I had to reinstall from scratch due to a faulty SD-Card.
I (think I) did everything as I did once, but obviously it is not the case : I cannot connect with vnc anymore.
I cannot se what I could have missed, and what to focus on.
The password is the same for everything but wifi - thus I cannot be wrong.
Is there a way to fix this without having to reinstall everything ?
I did some settings which i would like not to lose.
Edit : OK, I think I found my mistake. I am currently restarting from zero, so I hope I can come back and confirm in 4~5 hours.
Rgrds,
J.-Luc
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Jean-Luc.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93810

Got it !
Stupid me : for some unknown reason, I systematically launched setupAstroPi3.sh instead of setupUbuntuSBC.sh :-(
In fact, after the first install, I kept a copy of the important files and folders : .conkyrc, config.txt, .config, .indi, .local and .ZWO.
Then I made a batch that would allow me to reinstall with no effort.
This is where I typed the wrong script name, so everytime I did it again it was the wrong way.
It took three days to realize. I suddenly remembered that my first install did not use RealVNC, whereas it was running in my further attempts.
So, all is running fine again now and I am happy. But feeling really like Wile E. Coyote when he realizes that he is getting caught by the trap he had set for the Road-Runner.
Now, I have to make my GPS module synchronize the clock. Some more hunting.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93841

Time to create page: 0.914 seconds