INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issues with Filter and Focus in EKOS (not only 3.3.9)

• Thank you received: 28
Hi,

during the last days I recognized some strange behavior in EKOS (it is not related to 3.3.9 only and not to a platform as I experience this on Mac as well as on Ubuntu):

EKOS Focus Tab:
I use the QSI internal filter wheel. This is set and GUI reloads that from persistence correctly, but when accessing the filter settings itself (see arrow):
4 years 3 months ago #47604

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

... second part as it went off without the pics and explanation:

when pressing the filter settings, the popup opens, but there is not QSI selected, but the CCD Simulator:

If I got to the previous picture and select the already selected QSI FW again, the popup shows the QSI filter wheel correctly. This happens in every lifecycle again.

Secondly, please have a look to the offsets, which are in some case calcluated corrwectly (absolute values), in some not. Changing these values in Column offset does not change the absolute value at all, nor the absolute values could be edited.

If there are any questions about this behaviour, please let me know. It's reproducable for both cases, so easy to monitor.

Michel
4 years 3 months ago #47605
Attachments:

..and the missing 2. picture with the wrong choice of filterwheel, when first clicking on the button shown with the arrow:

4 years 3 months ago #47606
Attachments:

In addition which might be related to the first issue:

When starting Kstars / EKOS, I have always no persistency in Imaging tab for the filterwheel selection:

When setting QSI for CCD and Filter:

A new start of EKOS leads to have CCD Simulator as filterwheel selected:

Michel
4 years 3 months ago #47608
Attachments:

Thank you for your report. This is now fixed in KStars GIT. Please check from GIT or nightly release.
4 years 3 months ago #47642

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds