INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problems installing Astroberry Focuser on Ekos/Kstars

• Thank you received: 0
I am trying to compile the source from Github to install the Astroberry Focuser however I am getting an error at the make stage. I am getting the following errors :- Has anyone else experienced this and how do I fix it?

Thanks.

pi@raspberrypi:~/astroberry-diy/build $ make
[ 16%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/indi_astroberry_focuser.dir/astroberry_focuser.o
/home/pi/astroberry-diy/astroberry_focuser.cpp: In member function ‘virtual IPState AstroberryFocuser::MoveAbsFocuser(int)’:
/home/pi/astroberry-diy/astroberry_focuser.cpp:851:20: error: ‘INDI_ENABLED’ was not declared in this scope
if (FocusReverseS[INDI_ENABLED].s == ISS_ON) {
^~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/pi/astroberry-diy/astroberry_focuser.cpp:851:20: note: suggested alternative: ‘INDI_UNUSED’
if (FocusReverseS[INDI_ENABLED].s == ISS_ON) {
^~~~~~~~~~~~
INDI_UNUSED
/home/pi/astroberry-diy/astroberry_focuser.cpp:890:21: warning: comparison with string literal results in unspecified behavior [-Waddress]
if ( direction == "INWARD" )
^~~~~~~~
/home/pi/astroberry-diy/astroberry_focuser.cpp:894:21: warning: comparison with string literal results in unspecified behavior [-Waddress]
if ( direction == "OUTWARD" )
^~~~~~~~~
/home/pi/astroberry-diy/astroberry_focuser.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool AstroberryFocuser::readDS18B20()’:
/home/pi/astroberry-diy/astroberry_focuser.cpp:1081:15: warning: unused variable ‘tempF’ [-Wunused-variable]
float tempC, tempF;
^~~~~
/home/pi/astroberry-diy/astroberry_focuser.cpp: In member function ‘virtual int AstroberryFocuser::savePosition(int)’:
/home/pi/astroberry-diy/astroberry_focuser.cpp:1050:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘char* fgets(char*, int, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
fgets (buf , 100, pFile);
~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/indi_astroberry_focuser.dir/build.make:63: CMakeFiles/indi_astroberry_focuser.dir/astroberry_focuser.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:73: CMakeFiles/indi_astroberry_focuser.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:130: all] Error 2
pi@raspberrypi:~/astroberry-diy/build $
3 years 11 months ago #53344

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
You need to use the latest INDI libraries (1.8.5) to compile the latest version of Astroberry Focuser. Please upgrade and retry
3 years 11 months ago #53382

• Thank you received: 0
I thought I was on the latest version but will check and upgrade if necessary. Thank you.
3 years 11 months ago #53413

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds