INDI Library v1.9.4 Released (17 Jan 2022)

Bimonthly Stable INDI Library release introduces new drivers and fixes for existing ones. Some highlights:

INDI/KStars for Windows info

• Thank you received: 79
I'm a Mac user and connect to INDI that is running on an Ubuntu machine at the scope.  Works great!
I know that the Mac can run KStars and connect to equipment directly, as it has an INDi server built in.
But I get a lot of people asking me if KStars and INDi work on Windows.  As I have no real wold knowledge of that - please let me know what the current process is.

1-  Does Windows need a separate server, like a Stellarmate/RaspPi etc that hosts INDI?
2- Is KStars for Windows as stable as the Linux and Mac versions?
3- Do Windows users need any additional software to make it work well?

Thanks!

Peter

iOptron CEM120 EC2 and CEM25P
Celestron C11 EdgeHD
William Optics Star71
ASI 1600Mm Pro, ASI 462MC
Moonlight motorfocus & Esatto focuser
LodeStar X2 and ZWO OAG
DewBuster
NANO PC-T4
10 months 2 days ago #68731

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 47
INDI cannot run on a Windows machine. So you need a Linux/Mac running INDI and run KStars on Windows with remote server settings in the profile.
On previous versions of KStars I found the Linux version to be more stable so I run KStars on Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL.) That requires an Xserver on Windows and a bit of tweaking in WSL.So if you find the Windows version less stable than you like that is an option. I wrote it up at indilib.org/forum/ekos/8596-re-re-re-re-...m-for-linux-wsl.html
-- Ken
RPi3 Ubuntu Server 20.04, Windows 10 AMD64, AAEON UP Core Ubuntu Desktop 20.04
Avalon M-Uno, EQ6 Pro, Atik420, ASI1600MM-C, ASI120MM-S, DBK21AU04, ZWO EFW, Optec TCFSi
Vixen R150S, GSO RC8, ST80
10 months 2 days ago #68732

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.239 seconds